SWFA business model?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
As mentioned, the SWFA 3-9 and 6x milquads are impossible to beat for the $.....and it's tough to beat them for a lot more $.

amassi

WKR
The only sub $1k SHV I'm aware of is the 3-10 and is a SFP. I could live with SFP if it weren't for the capped elevation turrets. Am I missing a model?
The 4-14 f1 can be found under 1k used or demo.
1064 on europtic right now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Took the words out of my mouth on the 4-14. Near enough to $1000. Or if you don’t like the cap on the 3-10, just take it off and put it in your pocket.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Curious as to why no recommendations for the S&B Klassik variable scopes? They are more that the SWFAs, but about NF NXS price range. 20 ounces, FFP, mil/mil, illuminated.

O

Or Tract. They had such an opportunity to listen. Had, being the operative word.
Why had? Are they unreliable? The 3-15x44 mil/mil FFP fits most of what is being asked for, though it is heavy at 28 ounces.

MattB

WKR
What I think some here don’t understand is that there is a relatively low demand for scopes with these sort of features as a percentage of total rifle scopes sold, so there really is not much of an economic opportunity to be had.

Capital is pretty efficient in terms of flowing to good economic opportunities. Likely the TAM is simply too small to encourage additional investment.

What I think some here don’t understand is that there is a relatively low demand for scopes with these sort of features as a percentage of total rifle scopes sold, so there really is not much of an economic opportunity to be had.

Capital is pretty efficient in terms of flowing to good economic opportunities. Likely the TAM is simply too small to encourage additional investment.
The earlier post about there being 75 backordered 3-9s really drives home how low the demand actually is for these scopes. It’s a tiny sliver of the market.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Curious as to why no recommendations for the S&B Klassik variable scopes? They are more that the SWFAs, but about NF NXS price range. 20 ounces, FFP, mil/mil, illuminated.

Extremely limited elevation travel with their BDC turrets- 3.2 mils.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR

Why had? Are they unreliable? The 3-15x44 mil/mil FFP fits most of what is being asked for, though it is heavy at 28 ounces.
Chronically evasive whenever the topic of durability and reliability comes up.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
There are
The earlier post about there being 75 backordered 3-9s really drives home how low the demand actually is for these scopes. It’s a tiny sliver of the market.
Only 75 are backordered because people know what a joke backordered is with them so they look elsewhere. If they had 300 of them in stock I bet they’d sell out almost instantly. Or more.

There are

Only 75 are backordered because people know what a joke backordered is with them so they look elsewhere. If they had 300 of them in stock I bet they’d sell out almost instantly. Or more.
The hard part for me is when something is backordered with no ETA. Not even a ballpark idea of when I'll get my 3-9. Even if they said 6-7 months, I could swallow that better than their reply of "I don't know".

Well damn, reading all these posts makes me want to add another 1 or 2 to my backorder. I thought I was ready to move on to other manufacturers but now I think I'll just double down on the swfa 3-9's.

Maybe if some of you follow suit, we can get the ball rolling over there!

SouthPaw

WKR
The hard part for me is when something is backordered with no ETA. Not even a ballpark idea of when I'll get my 3-9. Even if they said 6-7 months, I could swallow that better than their reply of "I don't know".
Agreed. And who knows how many actually show up in their shipments? Will all 75 of us get scopes, will some wait another year?

CorbLand

WKR
There are

How long have they been taking backorders? 75 in a week? month? year?