Swfa zero stop shims ?

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I used nylon washers and sanded them down until I got it where it would go .1-.2 mil past zero.

Can't remember the size of washers but one was not enough and 2 stacked was too much, hence the involvement of sand paper to file it down a bit.
I had the same issue where one hose washer was too little and 2 was too much so thought about doing this myself. However, after adding 1-2 thin plastic washers, both my scopes elevation and windage will get hard to turn about 1-2 mils past 0. While it would be nice to have it stop much closer to 0 like what you’re describing, I think this will be good enough for now but time will tell…

Clark33

WKR
As long as you hit a wall at some point while dialing back down you'll always be able to get back to zero pretty easy, it should work, 1 to 2 mils past zero isn't terrible.

jonandy

FNG
I have been using the plastic washer method on my 6x, and it works ok for me. I still wish I could get right to 0, currently I’m .5 mil under. I have seen on the Signtron S-tac with zero stop, it looks like a collar with set screws. So I got thinking maybe something like that could work? I’d have to buy one to test, and maybe the turrets are too big in diameter? It may also depend on how much elevation has been used up so far, or how much the part could be modified?

I found this online. Let me know what you guys think!
IMG_4388.png

rharbaugh

WKR
I just ordered a set of SWFA zero stops on ebay from seller "tmkulin". Last time I checked they were out of stock, so I'm happy to see them available now.

I just got a couple of these too. The ebay seller "tmkulin" is a good guy to deal with and the shims are good quality.