Switching sites? Axcel, Option 8, Triple stack

Two years ago I bought a Spot Hog Fast Eddie XL 5 pin for my Prime CT 3. . It has been a challenge to get the bow balanced and is still to me very front heavy even with the hitman stabilizer kit 10/8 2oz on front and 4oz on back. I'm going to be buying a Mathews v3x (29) to take advantage of the bridge lock and see if losing the attachment bracket and moving the quiver closer might be enough to better balance it. Of course the cheapest option is to keep the SH but always looking at advancements in ease of adjustability.

I'm looking at maybe switching to one of these options.
  1. to the triple stack head, which is heavier,
  2. Axcel Landslyde 3 pin, prefer a 5 pin but found a 3
  3. option 8 customized to 4 pins plus slider
I am looking to try and possibly balance the bow without having to use a back bar if possible.

I'm looking for anyone give input as to how they balance in the bridge lock system with these sights.

Thanks.

Did the bow balance before?

I'm not familiar with Prime bows, so I don't know how they feel anyways, but I frequently don't mind a front heavy bow, but that's different from top heavy.

You really don't have much weight on your stabilizers, I generally have minimum 12-16 ozs on 10/8 bars, they are short enough they take a good bit of weight to have much stability at all. Try putting the 10" on the back with all 4 oz, 8" with no weight on the front. Just to make sure it's actually a bow balance thing and not a form issue. If you shoot with a high wrist, it can push the top of the bow sometimes, also is easier to torque the bow.

My 33 currently has no weight or bars on it. Just has a hogg father. I don't have a balance problem with it, it will be nice to increase the mass but for now I'm just shooting it making sure I'm getting the draw length dialed in. I'll probably end up with a 10-12" bar on the front with a few oz, bolt maybe 6oz's to the lower stabilizer hole, not certain if I'll continue with a TS quiver, or go with one of the Mathews low profile options.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I put a SH triple stack on my V3 and quickly took it off and returned it. Among other things, it seemed way heavier than listed. I went back to a HHA, but this time a Tetra and couldn’t be happier. Seems like a better sight than the SH. The V3 is top heavy anyway, even just the bare bow. I don’t use a stabilizer on any of my bows.

wayoh22

WKR
You're going to be purchasing a top heavy bow, seems counterintuitive. If it's front heavy, take off the front bar and just run a back bar to see how it feels.

OP
tim tarras

The bow did balance before when I had a Black Gold Verdict Assault on it with just a front stabilizer.
You're going to be purchasing a top heavy bow, seems counterintuitive. If it's front heavy, take off the front bar and just run a back bar to see how it feels.
Definitely front heavy, I will take off the front bar and see how it works. I shot a Z7 for 8 years, never should have sold that bow, before this bow so I am aware of the top heaviness but the V3X is is less top heavy than my Z7 was.

Marble

WKR

I'm not familiar with Prime bows, so I don't know how they feel anyways, but I frequently don't mind a front heavy bow, but that's different from top heavy.

You really don't have much weight on your stabilizers, I generally have minimum 12-16 ozs on 10/8 bars, they are short enough they take a good bit of weight to have much stability at all. Try putting the 10" on the back with all 4 oz, 8" with no weight on the front. Just to make sure it's actually a bow balance thing and not a form issue. If you shoot with a high wrist, it can push the top of the bow sometimes, also is easier to torque the bow.

My 33 currently has no weight or bars on it. Just has a hogg father. I don't have a balance problem with it, it will be nice to increase the mass but for now I'm just shooting it making sure I'm getting the draw length dialed in. I'll probably end up with a 10-12" bar on the front with a few oz, bolt maybe 6oz's to the lower stabilizer hole, not certain if I'll continue with a TS quiver, or go with one of the Mathews low profile options.
This is good advice here. I was going to ask if the problem was a front/back or a side to side balance issue. So that can matter, but it seems it's a front to back balance issuefor you

Evaluate your form and experiment with hand positioning. Like it's said above, a "high wrist" can lead to several issues including stuff you described. Making sure the proper "heal" pressure is applied can make a huge difference in visual stability and overall accuracy/consistency.

My wife had a high wrist would struggle shooting left often, especially the beginning of an end and in the last rounds. To compensate for not being warmed up and when she was fatigued, she would use her hand and wrist to really try and hold the pin in the center. This resulted in poor grouping and mostly shooting left due to torque input. After her grip was corrected, her shot process sped up and her groups tightened.

If you experience a front heavy feeling, then also consider that could be a result of where your eyes are focusing. I have to practice and remind myself to look at the target instead of the pin. Your brain will automatically continue to keep the pin in the center of a target, through proprioception. It will move your pin towards where your eyes are looking. So ask yourself if you do this. Your pin comes up at 6 o'clock on the dot and you look at your pin and try to get it to come up. You need to look where you want it, not wear it's at.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have to practice and remind myself to look at the target instead of the pin. Your brain will automatically continue to keep the pin in the center of a target, through proprioception. It will move your pin towards where your eyes are looking. So ask yourself if you do this. Your pin comes up at 6 o'clock on the dot and you look at your pin and try to get it to come up. You need to look where you want it, not wear it's at.

This is really spot on. It's something I struggle with, but if I focus and pull I won't miss.