Tac driver vanes and pass throughs.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had issues getting full pass throughs with tac driver vanes? It just seems that since they are so stiff they could potentially hang up in the critter.

Beendare

WKR
I have had the stiffer vanes get hung up on a water buff, with the arrow sticking straight out the off side of the animal- so its possible if that arrow splits a bone and has to slip through there….

That said…its not a factor I would worry about Its so rare And even then- it passed through.

I do think having arrows hanging out of critters is very undesirable- it pushes them- but in most cases not a big deal943B81DD-E089-434A-B573-8224533046B6.jpeg
you can see why it’s a big deal with a 2000 pound critter that is 4 feet wide with an overlapping rib cage. These things are thick. Most of the critters we shoot or not nearly this big.

Dennis

WKR
I have not had any trouble with TAC 2.25 vanes on pass throughs with elk yet. Shooting heavy setups with single bevel broadheads and high FOC.

WBrim

WKR
I couldn't even put that arrow in my quiver. The vanes aren't symmetrical.
I’ve messed around with a staggered vane set up. One older guy who has forgotten more about archery than I’ll likely ever know recommended it, and it’s worked well for me. 0D452B75-A1B2-4BD5-A2CA-3ECF235BF5AB.jpeg

Zac

WKR
Getting vanes on concentrically is just for cosmetic appearances. I don't believe that goofy staggering helps or hurts anything. Looks awful though.

OP
B

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to those that contributed. I'm still in the testing phase with these and they seem to be holding up great

Matt G.

WKR
So I have been running them since February and like them. I just recently traveled with my bow and had arrows compressed in quiver in case and notice the vanes getting rolled on top slightly deformed vane. Send to shoot fine still but has me a little worried.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive shot three bulls with them and all stopped at the fletching hanging out the offside. Lost one arrow, two others broke in pieces when the elk tumbled.

Ive actually gone back to playing with others because of that.