TAD Ranger Hoodie LT vs Kuiu Peloton 240

Leroy91

FNG
Hey everyone. I am hoping to get some insights here. I think I have made my mind up to buy either a TAD Ranger Hoodie LT or a Kuiu Peloton 240 as my outer midlayer piece. I have a FL Klammath that I use as my primary midlayer, but am looking for something to layer over that for after active hiking, but maybe stopping briefly to glass or still hunt. I need it to to be QUIET and light for backpacking and be full front zipper, without breaking the bank. I find nylon outer fabrics on softshells and active insulation pieces to be too noisy or fragile. Thanks for any insights. Also, does anyone know the weight of a TAD Ranger LT? They don't have it listed on their site. Any other similar suggestions welcome!

Last edited:

Bump79

WKR
I haven't used the TAD Ranger LT.. but I can't imagine it being $200 better than a Peloton 240.

If you think softshells are noisy, you'll definitely think the 240 is too. I never heard of the TAD Ranger until I looked it up just now but that's what I'd go with between the 2.

OP
L

Leroy91

FNG
Hmm. I am surprised to hear that the 240 is noisy. I would have thought it would be quiet as it does not have a face fabric or a layered material, just a tight knit. Thanks for the info.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I would not consider the Peloton 240 noisy. I don't remember it being noisy when I first got it and it definitely isn't noisy after 3 years of use. I bowhunt elk and deer in it a lot and have not noticed it being noisy. I'm interested to know what it is being compared to that is not noisy.