Tahr with 24" frame pics

wyodan

WKR
Does anyone have any pics of the Tahr on a 24" frame? I am trying to figure out if the bag will go to the bottom of the frame, so it will stand up if I set the pack down. Or if the Markhor might be a better choice. Thanks

OP
wyodan

wyodan

WKR
I have a Tahr on a 24" frame and the bag does not go to the bottom of the frame.

How far up is it? I like the load shelf & attachment points when I compare it to the other packs, but that was the problem I had with packs like the Nomad. Not too sure I want another bigger pack if I went Markhor.

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
How far up is it? I like the load shelf & attachment points when I compare it to the other packs, but that was the problem I had with packs like the Nomad. Not too sure I want another bigger pack if I went Markhor.

Wondering about this myself...

thejones

WKR
Set up as you see it, it definitely falls over when placed down on the bottom.
Maybe Kifaru can make a "kickstand" accessory so they don't fall over. Dibs on the the name!

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I guess the Tahr was made for the 22" frame? Am I right to assume the 26" frame will lift it even higher?

OP
wyodan

wyodan

WKR
Maybe Kifaru can make a "kickstand" accessory so they don't fall over. Dibs on the the name!

Thanks for the pics, that showed me what I was wondering.

OP
wyodan

wyodan

WKR
I guess the Tahr was made for the 22" frame? Am I right to assume the 26" frame will lift it even higher?

You would be right. Aron had a pic showing this in one of the Tahr threads. I tried to copy it for you, but couldn't find it right off hand. I'll get you the link if I find it later.

Think of it as a great place to put your sleeping pad...