Taking a knife to Canada?

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
Why would you say yes. Just say no.
Because I have a much higher chance of getting searched while pulling my RV across the border, it’s a much easier conversation to be up front and honest vs telling them no and getting searched and having to try to explain to them why I lied.

Gen273

WKR
Tell them it identifies as something else. They can't argue that...
Unfortunately, that only works in one direction; left, far left. We are living in strange days; we are in a universe where words and thoughts supposedly alter reality. 🤮😖

However, I like the way you are thinking!!

TxxAgg

WKR
Because I have a much higher chance of getting searched while pulling my RV across the border, it’s a much easier conversation to be up front and honest vs telling them no and getting searched and having to try to explain to them why I lied.
Pretty sure he was referring to the question regarding firearms back home. Just say no.

KBC

WKR
Don't bring anything you can open with one hand and put it in your suitcase.

Regarding the gun questions, I get strange questions crossing into the USA as well. They are all just shooting questions out there to see how you react, what the questions are doesn't matter much, they are trying to see if you slip up for some reason.

bpa556

FNG
Don't bring anything you can open with one hand and put it in your suitcase.

Regarding the gun questions, I get strange questions crossing into the USA as well. They are all just shooting questions out there to see how you react, what the questions are doesn't matter much, they are trying to see if you slip up for some reason.

Coming back doesn’t matter a whit. It is NOT illegal to bring your gun or knife back into the US. Just declare them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBC

WKR
Coming back doesn’t matter a whit. It is NOT illegal to bring your gun or knife back into the US. Just declare them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I wasn't clear, my point was I'm Canadian so I get weird questions from your guys at the border as well.
<-----Location BC

I’m from BC and we travel back and forth over the border frequently. I never leave the house without a folder.
I’ve been stopped multiple times and when asked about weapons I’ll usually say I have a pocket knife. Sometimes they’ll ask to see it sometimes not. Every time they could care less and it’s returned right away.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I took a tool with a sharp edge and said “no” on the declaration form asking about possessing “weapons”. Interview was brief and efficient - what are you here for, how are you doing that tour, and how are you returning to the US? Easy.