Tapping Tight Spot Adapter for Use with Spot Hogg Screw

I’m trying to take a half moon chunk out of my tight spot quiver attachment piece in order to still be able to use the oversized hand screw that comes with the Spott Hogg sights.

I know it’s a thing people do. For those who have done it, what tools did you use? Drill? Dremel? I’m toying with it, and it’s giving me more trouble than anticipated.

can you show a pic of what you're trying to do?

I'm guessing a dremel with a grinding bit would be your best option. Or a grinding wheel. Maybe a file?

OP
B
So here are the pictures. I probably did a crappy job of explaining this. When you install the quiver using this adapter, it does not allow for you to use the oversized piece that comes with the sight. I need to be able to use it to slide the sight in to fit in my case.

Just looking to see what tools people used to cut that notch out. Maybe a bit of a lazy question admittedly but I figured lots of people had done it and could offer quick advice. I have already drilled it. I figured a Dremel would work well from here. I have one but don’t use it a ton, and I don’t know what type of bit would be best.

Attachments

• IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 37
IF you have a drill press you could use a 7/16 -1/2 endmill just like you would a drill, that would probably look the cleanest, I'm a machinist thats how I would do it, but if you are just looking for function, then looks like you're nearly there? I would just use a round file to get it the rest of the way.

OP
B
I finished it up yesterday. It was a combination of drilling it to start and then a combination of a file and a Dremel using two different heads.

IMG_6644.jpeg

IMG_6643.jpeg

OP
B
that pushes the quiver behind the cams centerline which I didn’t want for balance reasons. To each his own I guess…

OP
B
You could have also used a screw without the giant knob and not had to do that. SH provides one.

In a prior post you’ll see where i indicated I didn’t want to use that because I need the ability to slide the sight in to be able to fit it into my bow case.