Target Shooting in Colorado Foothills?

Titan_Bow

WKR
Hey guys, I just moved from Broomfield up into the foothills west of Boulder. My place isnt conducive for shooting due to close neighbors, etc. so I started looking at the local NF. Evidently, damn near all the surrounding NF has a shooting ban in place. When I was Broomfield, I would typically drive out to the grasslands, but thats a long haul from up here. Anyone got a line on some places in the foothills of CO that allow shooting?

Thanks

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd493392.pdf

To be fair, its not all the forest, and theres probably somewhere to go, I just need to keep looking. I was driving around today though, and it seemed like every place that looked like historically people used to shoot there was in the red closure areas on this map. I was hoping I could just run up Left Hand or Lee Hill and shoot but seems like all the forest on these roads is in the "closure" areas.

def90

WKR
There's a large area directly west of Boulder that is closed to all shooting including bows and shooting while hunting. Basically goes west to Switzerland trail on the West end, Gold Hill Road to the north and Boulder Canyon to the South.

As for shooting, take some of the forest service roads west of peak to peak in Clear Creek County and find a spot that looks safe.

Those closure areas are like 3% of the NF.
There’s a zillion places to shoot on NF, just gotta search them out.

The closures are highly in populated areas like are Brainard or Sugarloaf.

Lefthand has been closed to shooting for a long time.
People would constantly drag old refrigerators or washing machines into every little drainage, and dump all kinds of other trash and just make huge garbage piles.
I’m glad lefthand is closed to shooting at this point.

schmalzy

WKR
Most of Pike seems to be closed to shooting unless I’m just completely misreading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
I don’t know how we ended up with cameo over here but I’m glad we did. Crazy cause we have all the blm open and a few other good clubs , but you have all the people.