TC Encore frame

280Ackley

WKR
I have seen that the Encore frames are really sought after for building light compact rifles. I’ve got a lead on a sale of them but don’t know enough about them. Could you guys fill me in on these? Are there differences in these that are better than others? If I can figure out enough I’d try to get all of them and sell a few of them here.

RS3579

WKR
The pro hunters are the newest version. They have a rotating hammer. I have blued and stainless versions. Some have some fancy metal work. I think they are pretty much the same with the rotating hammmer being the only difference.

Wapiti1

WKR
They are all the same on the inside. Finish, engraving, and the hammer being the only model to model or year differences.

Jeremy

Encores frames are all Centerfire. There are Rimfire barrels that have an offset to allow for the firing pin to contact the rim, and there is a conversion from Bullberry to replace the receiver bushing.

It would be really helpful to have a list of what is available with pictures for us to tell you what you are actually getting and the appropriate value of each.

KenLee

WKR
Encore frames are stupid heavy compared to the older Contenders... but they can withstand more pressure.
A Contender 7-30 Waters carbine is a helluva nice lightweight rig

Bluefish

WKR
There are 3 families of frames, contender, G2 contender and encore/pro hunter. The contender and g2 are really only lower back force rounds, ie 223 size or pistol cartridges. Can handle 45-70 trap door as well. G2 is slightly stronger and can take a few more psi. See bellm website for the finer details. Encore is for the rifle cartridges. It’s a bigger heavier frame. Each has its own butt stock fit. Fore ends for all contenders fit both original and g2 but there are variations in spacing depending on if rifle or pistol. G2 and encore share trigger parts. Contender has a different trigger which some argue is better.
from what I have seen recently encores are going for more $$. $600+ for a frame.
then you get into the whole debate of pistol vs rifle frames. Do a search. Imho best to buy a known pistol frame.

RVarland

FNG
I realize this is an old thread, but I’m a huge fan of the encore platform. If you can get your hands on one they’re really fun, you can get decent deals on barrels too then you can try a new cartridge for 300$ instead of buying a whole new firearm. Aftermarket support for barrels is pretty steady, and almost any cartridge you could think of is lurking out there.

Bluefish

WKR
Ssk is now in production on new contender frames. Should help drive down frame prices. Encores are still stupid expensive as the supply is limited.

RVarland

FNG
I saw that, I’m glad I’ve got my encore already because used prices are insane. I would love to see one of the new frames, coming from SSK I'm optimistic. I haven’t heard anything either way as far as making encore frames, but that would be a pretty sweet setup.
Ssk is now in production on new contender frames. Should help drive down frame prices. Encores are still stupid expensive as the supply is limited.

Bluefish

WKR
I saw that, I’m glad I’ve got my encore already because used prices are insane. I would love to see one of the new frames, coming from SSK I'm optimistic. I haven’t heard anything either way as far as making encore frames, but that would be a pretty sweet setup.
I would not be waiting for an encore frame. It took 4 years to get the original contender frame to market and the encore is completely different parts. Not to say they won’t do it. They do seem to be shipping decent volume of the contenders and the examples I have handled are nice.
besides how many want to spend $400-$600 on a frame when you can buy a complete Cva for the same or less.