Teen shoots 8x10 ROAL

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Sorry it was meant to be EOAL, my bad. A Minnesota middle school teen was lucky enough to draw a special elk tag. while hunting with his dad in No. Minn. he shot this bull at 359 yards, I think that distance is correct, with a .300 mag. Rough score of 390, weight of 950 lbs. Sorry its is beyond my tech. ability to post link. The story is easy to find. He will be hard pressed to top that.

I think this was his dad talking to himself: "You can do this, you can do this. Take some deep breaths, calm down, it will be fine.’”

Makes me want to get my boy out to the range more for sure!

“Wisten to the whythmic whythm of the woodwinds as it wowws awound and awound…and it comes out here!” — Elmer Fudd

Some monsters being shot in MN this year. There was one over 400" too.

Trophy potential is through the roof on these tags that are about impossible to draw but I cant see the hunt experience matching that of a western elk hunt. I damn sure apply every year though. The way things are going, the Red Lake Nation is going to make it more impossible to draw going forward based on how many tags they are issuing to members.

Some monsters being shot in MN this year. There was one over 400" too.

Trophy potential is through the roof on these tags that are about impossible to draw but I cant see the hunt experience matching that of a western elk hunt. I damn sure apply every year though. The way things are going, the Red Lake Nation is going to make it more impossible to draw going forward based on how many tags they are issuing to members.
And the Democratic republic of Minnesota will definitely keep letting them do so

Good bull! Congrats to the kiddo. Definitely not a western elk hunt like I’m used to! Still a blast I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoppyumr

FNG
Hopefully doesn't ruin him.

It depends on what you actually get out of a hunt, but I think shooting a giant, then realizing realistically you won't ever shoot or possibly see anything like it again ruins it for some.
Generally, it's only downhill from here. Meanwhile, I wouldn't mind my first. I only started hunting a few years ago, but got my first big gae (mule deer - doe) last year.

Generally, it's only downhill from here. Meanwhile, I wouldn't mind my first. I only started hunting a few years ago, but got my first big gae (mule deer - doe) last year.

It's youth weekend here.

Several dads out getting kids their Boal, seems a lot don't get much out of hunting afterwards when they need to play by everyone else's rules.

It's youth weekend here.

Several dads out getting kids their Boal, seems a lot don't get much out of hunting afterwards when they need to play by everyone else's rules.

I'd be all for kids weekends going bye bye. It's the participation trophy of hunting.