Tent Question: Hilleberg Anjan or Stone Glacier Skyscraper

Hilleberg makes a great tent, but so does Stone Glacier. A buddy and I each ran the Solus, along with their footprint, on a 12-day sheep hunt in the Northwest Territories this past August. Can't say enough good things about it, and we had all the sheepy weather (aside from snow). Hammering wind and 36 hours of rain. Bomber.

As for the Skyscraper, I have one of those, too, but haven't hunted sheep out of it. Done plenty of late season camping in it, though. If you're worried about wind, don't be. Keep the sling system on it and rest assured it'll take the wind.

Food for thought... I don't like sharing a tent on sheep hunts, for a number of reasons. Might consider going with 2x Solus tents instead of one Skyscraper. The Solus will take two dudes in an emergency, and if the trip goes sideways or you wanna cache gear for an epic approach, it's not the worst thing in the world to have two tents between you and your buddy. Two small flat spots can be easier to find than one big one, too.

Don't sweat it too much, regardless of what you decide from among those three options, you're gonna have a tent that can handle a big sheep hunt.

Attachments

• untitled-42 CROP.jpg
    untitled-42 CROP.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 34
Hilleberg makes a great tent, but so does Stone Glacier. A buddy and I each ran the Solus, along with their footprint, on a 12-day sheep hunt in the Northwest Territories this past August. Can't say enough good things about it, and we had all the sheepy weather (aside from snow). Hammering wind and 36 hours of rain. Bomber.

As for the Skyscraper, I have one of those, too, but haven't hunted sheep out of it. Done plenty of late season camping in it, though. If you're worried about wind, don't be. Keep the sling system on it and rest assured it'll take the wind.

Food for thought... I don't like sharing a tent on sheep hunts, for a number of reasons. Might consider going with 2x Solus tents instead of one Skyscraper. The Solus will take two dudes in an emergency, and if the trip goes sideways or you wanna cache gear for an epic approach, it's not the worst thing in the world to have two tents between you and your buddy. Two small flat spots can be easier to find than one big one, too.

Don't sweat it too much, regardless of what you decide from among those three options, you're gonna have a tent that can handle a big sheep hunt.

Or if you want to save some weight, go with two Aktos. Basically the non free standing version of the Soulo…Same footprint, and VERY capable, especially if you’ve got good pitching skills in rough/bad terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk