Tent recommendations

if money weren't a concern? id buy a Hyperlite and hope i loved it because i don't see anyone talking about it on the forums ;)

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
What tent did you end up buying? I am looking at a Aeon Li
I went with the StratoSpire 2 in solid. I just like the versatility of extra space if I'm hunting solo, and the ability to share a tent with a partner on the occasion I'm with someone else. A bit heavier than the 1 man tents, but worth it IMO

I like the Big Agnes Copper Spur. I had the Fly Creek for several years and never did like the end door with basically no vestibule design. My biggest complaint about it was that when you unzipped the rain fly door water on the fly above dripped right down onto the tent's screen door. And when I got about 3" of late september snow I woke up to the tent smashed against my face and a soaked slepeing bag. That was the last straw for me.

As for the copper spur It has way more head room if you are confined for any period of time due to weather and more vestibule space for boots, pack, place to cook, ect.

X2 on the copper spur but the rain fly zipper setups suck. They eat the fabric and get jammed every 3 inches and then you get mad and rip the zipper right off.

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the copper spur but the rain fly zipper setups suck. They eat the fabric and get jammed every 3 inches and then you get mad and rip the zipper right off.
Didn't know if I was the only one who had this issue. Glad I am not! haha
I love the setup, but those dang zippers will make you mad as a hornet when you're trying to get out and they get jammed up...

Marble

WKR
When I get a shelter, I buy just slightly larger than required. I do this so I have enough room for all my gear of weather hits.

Audio, if you get one with a floor, see if the manufacture recommends a foot print.

I have to Big Agnes tiger UL3. I think with foot print its 3 pounds. Sounds like you want to go lighter though.

I like it a lot. It's worked really well for me.

Scrappy

WKR
I got this years model and I guess they addressed the zipper issue because mine zips without snagging.

I got this years model and I guess they addressed the zipper issue because mine zips without snagging.

Dang, maybe ill have to order a new rain fly and see how she goes
To bad i just waterproofed my old one over the electric tape holding the zippers together lol