Tenzig Dealers

You mean Tenzing packs, owned by Plano? I think they are mainly online now. I had one I bought from Fleet Farm a year or so ago. I don't see them there anymore, nor have I seen any at Cabelas. Basspro may have some.

Shrek speaks the truth.

I purchased a TZ5000 2-3 years ago, I believe I paid somewhere around $390 for it, at the time I thought I was getting a great pack, I was mistaken.

For that price you can find something much better, and probably be supporting a smaller, more personal company at the same time.

That helps you hold off from making a mistake. Take the time to learn about packs and the better options.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish... meat hauling, back country packing, any real weight - over 30 lbs., yea I agree there are better options - I use my exo for those tasks no doubt.

BUT I do have a tenzing 1250 that I use for day hunts where I am close to a truck, quad, or gamecart, and I like it for those purposes more then a large pack compressed down.

All depends on intended purpose - at least to me.

Edit to add, that daypack was a "cheaper" one at 180 bucks or so - so you are basically beating out wally world brands or the crazy designed badlands packs.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish... meat hauling, back country packing, any real weight - over 30 lbs., yea I agree there are better options - I use my exo for those tasks no doubt.

BUT I do have a tenzing 1250 that I use for day hunts where I am close to a truck, quad, or gamecart, and I like it for those purposes more then a large pack compressed down.

All depends on intended purpose - at least to me.

Edit to add, that daypack was a "cheaper" one at 180 bucks or so - so you are basically beating out wally world brands or the crazy designed badlands packs.

Yep. As much as we'd like it to be, not every trip is an "extreme backcountry experience" sometimes just a simple pack is more than enough.

I've used several Tenzing packs day hunting, no complaints. When it's time to haul a load or go over night, the Stone Glacier comes out.

A Tenzing can certainly hold its own in the versatile hunters arsenal.

That 1250 is a great pack when you won't be hauling meat. Last season I ran mainly a 6000 and it was OK. It was constructed very well and very well laid out. But if you're not going on a several day hunt I found myself carrying a lot of extra pack material.
At the end of the season, lol, the last Sunday my CF13 showed up. Pretty excited to test this out on a damage hunt the past couple days! It weighs 5# with everything on it but can handle up to 300#! It's great for a day pack but should you need to haul out meat you're set. It's nice because unlike the larger interal frames there's not a lot of extra material being wasted and carried around. Then you can customize it by taking off bags and what not that you don't need. I usually have a decent pack full for a day hunt with my rain and insulation gear and everything for a full day and a night. It also carries better than the 6000. Another thing with the 6000 was my bear rug, there was no good way to carry that out with that pack. But this carbon frame should have a lot more options for that! I also like how the CF13 carries a rifle. It seems the rifle systems were an afterthought. But on this pack you can use the wings and really secure your rifle to the pack. Now to get some meat to really test it out!

Back