The $50 fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnedeker

WKR
Just asking...How does the $50 fee protect anyone???

In many ways that have been discussed in the past on this very forum...feel free to do some research on scams using the ever-popular "search" feature.

gelton

WKR
Just asking...How does the $50 fee protect anyone???
Its anything but extortion and anyone that feels that way doesn't understand the free market. No one is forcing you to do or pay anything. Extortion by its very definition implies the use of force. If you don't want to pay the money, then add something to the community by making posts.

As for protecting members, there aren't many scammers willing to shell out $50 for a chance to scam someone, pretty simple stuff man.

gelton

WKR
Its anything but extortion and anyone that feels that way doesn't understand the free market. No one is forcing you to do or pay anything. Extortion by its very definition implies the use of force. If you don't want to pay the money, then add something to the community by making posts.

As for protecting members, there aren't many scammers willing to shell out $50 for a chance to scam someone, pretty simple stuff man.
Just in case anyone reads this comment wrong, the title of the thread was changed from "The $50 fee feels like extortion" with the first comment from the OP asking how does the $50 fee protect anyone?

Superdoo

WKR
I guess if you don't like the rules... you'd have the option to leave.
I know when I was new here, my first few posts were not whining over my inability to message someone to buy a used item they were selling. I was too busy using the search tools to see which of the plethora of questions I had were already answered.
To be honest, I also spent time on the classifieds doing "market research" so I would know a good deal when I spotted one.

Maybe that's just me though...🤷‍♂️

Don't take the above as me being mean to "the new guy." I mean it more as guidance and also, I quite like the atmosphere of this forum and folks who simply want to join to buy something and leave aren't (in my opinion) doing anything to contribute and grow the community.

Pro953

WKR
These comments threads always blow my mind. While I Hope Ryan and Robbie make enough from the 50 fees to buys brand new trucks. In reality the idea that anyone would ever pay the fee is crazy. Is ten posts and a few days really too much to ask.

If you want to sell stuff for free, try craigslist and have fun with all of the crazy’s you will have to deal with. Or spend a few day on here talking about hunting, shooting, gear or hell even stock trading corona virus whatever and soon enough you were be a member of the community for FREE! Who knows, you may even learn something and find out you like the place.

Just boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Actually searching online to buy some binos and google led me to a post here. Guess that’s horrible of me to be looking to buy binos. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry that a site that is centered around (that means focuses on first and foremost) learning, encouraging, teaching, and comraderie about hunting of all sorts doesn't let you use it only to make a purchase for yourself and then leave having contributed nothing to the site. Make a few posts, pay the fee, or move on. It's pretty simple.

Poser

WKR
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I guess if you don't like the rules... you'd have the option to leave.
I know when I was new here, my first few posts were not whining over my inability to message someone to buy a used item they were selling. I was too busy using the search tools to see which of the plethora of questions I had were already answered.
To be honest, I also spent time on the classifieds doing "market research" so I would know a good deal when I spotted one.

Maybe that's just me though...🤷‍♂️

Don't take the above as me being mean to "the new guy." I mean it more as guidance and also, I quite like the atmosphere of this forum and folks who simply want to join to buy something and leave aren't (in my opinion) doing anything to contribute and grow the community.

Stop being mean to the new guy with all that common sense stuff. C'mon, man! 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.