The 7mm PRC is Here

Interesting! It’s not a necked up 6.5prc (basically 284 win performance) or a necked down 300 (7 LRM already exists). Fits in an odd spot for action length but I like it.

Edit to add: looks like the kept the same chamber to case clearance dimensions at the web and didn’t open it up at all to combat clickers.

Last edited:

B23

WKR
It appears to be very similar in case design to the 7mm Blaser mag but maybe with slightly less case capacity.

I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around 82-ish grains H2O case capacity.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 180 7mm is an awesome hunting bullet. I wonder whether it will get adopted anywhere close to the other PRC cartridges. For years, I've been shooting the 180 vld at 2950 out of my 7 rem mag and now at 3050 out of my 7SS. Handloaders should be able to get the 7 PRC up over 3000 fps.

Tullis94

WKR
I think the COAL will slow the growth of this cartridge compared to the other 2 PRC cartridges. Customs on medium length actions or tikkas will be popular im sure.

BBob

WKR
Edit to add: looks like the kept the same chamber to case clearance dimensions at the web and didn’t open it up at all to combat clickers.
First thing I looked at to see if they learned from the previous mistakes. Nope!

This'll probably make a really nice 30. Bets on how long it'll take someone to do that? As said by others brass supply will be the deciding factor.

Probably be an issue at first just like everything else. However, lots of manufacturers jumped on board to make the other PRC brass. Shouldn’t be much work for those companies to add this in. That’s just me being optimistic though
Yup and prc brass for the other calibers is non existent so you'll have a closet queen for a few years but there is always wishfully thinking