The Ford Bronco....

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I am also in Sandpoint, and I also have a Bronco.
It's a 96 with only 90k miles and is in excellent shape, people try to buy it ALL THE TIME.

It has the 351, re-geared to 4.88 and she's still a turd. The new Bronco with the 2.3 4 Cyl would smoke it. :(

I love my old Bronco, but I want a new 4 door Base model with the Sasquatch package
You're not making any friends newbie😂

Very jealous.

Bama67

FNG
LOL.
I got super lucky. I had been looking for one forever on Craigslist and FB marketplace then lo and behold this one was sitting at the end of the original owners driveway for sale right down the road from me in the middle of no where Colorado.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
LOL.
I got super lucky. I had been looking for one forever on Craigslist and FB marketplace then lo and behold this one was sitting at the end of the original owners driveway for sale right down the road from me in the middle of no where Colorado.
96 is the only year with alllllll the goodies for the 351 too :) very nice score.

Bama67

FNG
Thanks! The MAF is nice, would make engine mods easier but I don't think I'm ever going to do anything else to the drivetrain other than the 4.88 gears I did, and TruTracs front and rear.

I do want to add a roll cage, and a Softopper and that would be it.

I bought it as a knock around vehicle, but its so nice it hardly gets driven as our dirt road is either a muddy sloppy mess, or a moon-dust mess.

IdahoElk

WKR
just sold my 77, it's going to Australia, people are paying ridiculous amounts for these.

Rl4i4rz.jpg

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
You aren't kidding on used truck prices, I've been in the market (not anymore due to prices) for a new-to me truck and a 2-3 year old Colorado Z71 w/20-30k miles, 8-10 months ago was around 27k$ now they are around 33-37k$. I won't be buying a used truck anytime soon as for that price I'll just order a new one from the factory.

Bama67

FNG
I had a 73 K5. Finally gave up on it because the rockers were rotted and the door openings had spread, and the rear bed sides had spread apart. Also the windshield and firewall was rotted. I thought the body was made of steel but turns out it was soft cheese. Put a bunch of money into it only to end up parting it out :(
i wouldn't mind an older 'Burb 2500
I can't afford what Excursions are going for $$$

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Has;

-Worst front axle ever created
-Weak C-clip rearend
-Underpowered
-Horrible MPG
-Small chains in T-Case that break
-Tranny that cost a gold bar to rebuild and fails often
-Over 25 years old

I could go on and on, but...

Why are they so freakin expensive???? Jeeez, truck shopping is driving me to drinkin. What is wrong with people on craigslist????

This thread has no meaning except me crying
Worst front axle? I thought people beefed the twin-traction beams up for runnin'.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Man, when I was in HS (2001-2004) they were just the cheapest 4wd rust buckets around for hs kids in MN who wanted a 4x4. My few friends who had them couldn't keep em running.

Now a buddy has a nice one that he has $25k into and he cant keep it running. :ROFLMAO:

Bama67

FNG
They are actually pretty bomb proof, its just the rock crawlers don't like em because they don't general flex out as well. They can also do wonky things for tire wear, but for the most part they are better for the majority of people that like their vehicle to drive straight down the road with minimal fuss.
Also, there is a reason desert runners love them.

tuffcity

WKR
Still wish I had my '68. Top end of about 60 mph but that baby could climb trees! lol Converted 3 on the tree to a Hurst 3 on the floor, topless in the summer, the rumble of headers on a v8 into straight Thrush exhaust... sigh...

Never did warm up to the "big" Broncos and I will admit that the new ones have piqued my curiosity.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always wanted one of those 70s Broncos two uncles had them till the mid 80s and still remember a time chained up and a rodeo in several feet of snow chasing north Idaho mulies around Schweitzer….👍 not mechanically inclined so went with a new forerunner but will stick with my little taco for most mountain days…

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is a 1974, bought it north of Caldwell, Idaho in 1997. $3,500 and it came with some spare parts. Haven't done much to it besides paint job, now I just use it for cruising in the summer. Still have the top, just don't want someone to slide into me in the winter. So fun to drive with that wheel base.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I was refering to 80-96, csn you guys not post pics of your 1st gens? I already cry myself to sleep😂

My first offroafing experience as a kid was in a built 1977, hence my attatchment. Caught my first king salmon that day too :)