The go to tree saddle

Big fan of the phantom xl. I’m 5’9” 230 and built like a tree stump.
I borrowed the menace but it pinched me.
I also have a terrible spine that has ran me out of every stand I’ve tried after 2 hrs.
I only climb down now because I’m bored.

I have a latitude method 2 and I love it. The 2 panel design is extremely nice and comfortable. There’s no metal on the saddle what so ever. It’s extremely thought out and flat out works. Not to mention it’s extremely adjustable. Everyone that has tried one that I’ve seen has loved it.

Cruzrs get a lot of love from the research I’ve done. I have personally never tried them, but people rave about them. The reason I went with the method 2 over the cruzr is because I had the opportunity to try the Method and it fit me like a glove.

In my opinion- from the reading I have done thethrd is overrated. Their saddles aren’t as versatile and comfortable as the competitors.

I say you go latitude or cruzr and you won’t be disappointed.

One thing I can’t stress enough- get a good platform that digs in and locks on TIGHT. You need to be able to trust your platform when pivoting off of it in all angles as well as putting it in tangled trees and odd positions. kick outs stink.

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at Overwatch Outdoors. The transformer is heavy, but very versatile and comfortable. The new one he is releasing is much lighter with a pleat. The quality is top notch. They are heavier than others, but for a reason. To me it's kind of like comparing Kifaru packs to others. They are heavier, but quality is so much better.

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Have been running the H2 Slingshot the past 2 years and it has been great. It does get warm wearing it while walking in though (canvas). If I was to purchase another one currently it would be the Cruzr XC.

Rmuncey

FNG
Every saddle fits everyone different my suggestion try as many as you can before buying one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up with the Cruzr XC and have had zero issues. More comfortable than I expected. I added suspenders to mine mid season and it made a huge difference in wearability. Great overall saddle and getting better as I make little changes to fit my style.

sharpk

FNG
I use the tethered phantom. Im 5'10 165lbs. I really like it. Comfortable enough. I was at an expo this weekend and latitude had their setups. I love the fact that theirs have a back support strap built into it. They were super comfortable. Thinking about making the switch depending on how next whitetail season goes.

MNhunter

FNG
I ended up with the Cruzr XC and have had zero issues. More comfortable than I expected. I added suspenders to mine mid season and it made a huge difference in wearability. Great overall saddle and getting better as I make little changes to fit my style.
What suspenders did you add to your cruzr xc?

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Btw, I'm 5' 11" and around 165-170 lbs. I'm 32" waist in jeans size. I have a size 3 so I can really wear heavy layers in late season. I could have probably gone with a size 2 but size 3 is what I have for now.
I’m also 5’11” and 175lbs. I ordered a sz 1 because they said it was sized for cold weather gear. So far so good. I live in Alberta so I plan on some colder days. Also the Cruzr customer service is amazing! And their shipping policy for Canadians!!! is also awesome.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
What suspenders did you add to your cruzr xc?
I've tried a couple different kinds. Carhartt wide clip-ons, First Lite, but currently using Perry belt clip suspenders. The clip into the molle loops pretty well and I definitely prefer ones with wide straps. Suspenders made a huge difference in comfort for me. Wouldn't ever go without them again.

6'
210lbs
36" waist
Finally found that the aerohunter flex worked for me because of my build....big o buttocks and thunder thighs

Sammymusi

WKR
Overwatch transformer for me. I’m 5’ 11 175 lbs . The thing is built like a tank and very comfortable. I probably have 80 hours in it from last season. The owner is awesome and he literally messaged me on his personal cell throughout the season and helped me with all of my dumb questions I’ve had. Highly recommend !