The new kuiu

Looks cool! Doesn't fit the environment where I live so much (verde 2.0 is hard to beat for my area, whether woods or alpine), but this looks nice as wear-around clothing or if you live/hunt in an area that matches it.

WKR
Lol. They need to do a whitetail line. This is basically the same stuff just combined like others have said. It's not horrible, it's just more or less the same stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Would a whitetail line violate the core identity of the company? My view is that the brand is designed for mountain hunting which doesn't include whitetail. I'm sure it would do very well for them in terms of profitability though.

Hate to say it but just being honest since I'm a Kuiu fanboy. Very disappointing and unimaginative. Camo pattern looks like a cross between Kryptec and old school camo pattern from the 70s. Maybe they're making a stretch to SW desert and open country hunters. What were they thinking?

Last edited:

WKR
Hate to say it but just being honest since I'm a Kuiu fanboy. Very disappointing and unimaginative. Camo pattern looks like a cross between Kryptec and old school camo pattern from the 70s. Maybe they're making a stretch to SW dessert and open country hunters. What were they thinking?

How many ways can you rearrange earth tone splotches???

jfs82

WKR
Good amount of sage areas out here, I'll probably grab a single long sleeve and call it good.

I do not buy camo because of new patterns but if I need some new Kuiu I will buy this for sure. I think it will look good in the desert.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I think this is one of those patterns that is not super appealing to the human eye, but I bet it ends up being very effective on game. I think that now the grey tones are mostly out it will probably be better than both the Verde and Vias.

AZ8

WKR
Interesting,

Still like my Verde 2.0. However, this looks like it would work pretty good here in Arizona. Stuff out here is overwhelmingly earth tones, ie, browns and tans. Even in the pines up on the Rim country, the browns and tans rule. It’s why I prefer my original Natural Gear camo over all the others.

GPATTI

WKR
Hate to say it but just being honest since I'm a Kuiu fanboy. Very disappointing and unimaginative. Camo pattern looks like a cross between Kryptec and old school camo pattern from the 70s. Maybe they're making a stretch to SW dessert and open country hunters. What were they thinking?

Bingo!

AlaskaEd

WKR
I like it. Looks great for Alaska woods and open swampy areas. I have always thought the “MultiCam” colors worked perfect here with the alders and bushes. Not a lot of vibrant green, so the lighter browns, tans, and dull greens match very well. This looks like it borrows from the same color wheel as MultiCam and adds a bit of depth.

In all reality, the pattern doesn’t matter. Look at a camo jacket from 100 meters away and it looks basically like one blurred color. Maybe the color hues matter if they have a similarity to the background, but IMHO that’s pushing it as well. Camo is for the hunters eyes, not the animals. I still wear it because it sure can’t hurt and makes me feel better though.

Last edited: