The new kuiu

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Probably more marketing than anything else. I think at this point camo is about as far as its going to go all brand have pretty good break up patterns. Certainly not a game changer or replacement for having bad hunting technique. I do like that all the companies have more solid offerings as well. The katana line and them finally fixing the bino harness are all good sign that they will keep trying to innovate...

Here my next big camo idea. Bird shit. Old dead weathered tree trunk base color sploched with bird shit pattern could definitely change the game.

MT_Archer

FNG
Looks a bit like Kuiu Vias had a baby with Sitka Marsh! 😁

It looks like a cool pattern, but at this point I'm not going to be chasing a new camo as I've got more than enough clothing already.

Tag_Soup

WKR
It’s my favorite pattern Kuiu has made thus far, but I won’t be redoing my wardrobe with it or kuiu any time soon. Good on them for the innovation, seems to be more focused on deserts and sage country found throughout the western US so should be popular. If it buys someone the extra confidence to pull off a tough stalk then it’s worth it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brushape

WKR
I had to remove myself from the used kuiu clothing Facebook page since this shit came out. The fanboys on their are unreal. Many posting about this camo have also made posts about their first years hunting it’s just gone too far

I had to remove myself from the used kuiu clothing Facebook page since this shit came out. The fanboys on their are unreal. Many posting about this camo have also made posts about their first years hunting it’s just gone too far

I can only imagine.

It just doesn't match my other outfits so I'm gonna pass on this pattern.

TheTone

WKR
I don’t currently own any Kuiu stuff and have basically no need for any more camo clothing but I do really like this pattern. I think it would work really well for a few of the areas I deer hunt and some desert hunting I do.

I think I'm gonna get a set of attack pants and a Kutana jacket in this camo when it's available. This camo will work well in sagebrush country.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with rtockstein but think it would be closer to $500 left in the pocket!

Regardless the brand of camo you chose, if you do make it to the backcountry someday, wearing 100% cotton really isn't a good idea.

I'm in the backcountry all the time. Do I wear blue jeans and a realtree cotton shirt? No. I wear some fjallraven pants because they're built to last me 20 years crawling through Wasatch brambles and a POS synthetic off brand camo shirt.

Is cotton good for the backcountry? If it's really hot out, shit yes it's good. If you get it soaked, either with sweat or water, it hangs on to it and keeps you cool through evaporation. Is it good for when it's cold out? Maybe not as much but at least it's durable. Of course I'll pack my down and synthetic and wool.

Knowing how to take care of yourself in the backcountry doesn't have anything to do with the type or brand of clothes you wear. Just because I like to makes jokes about super high end brands and people that like to spend all their money on a matching "kit", doesn't mean I actually wear RT and jeans, and certainly doesn't indicate how much time I spend in the backcountry.

I just ordered a pair of Talus Hybrid pants in the new pattern. On this set though I think I'm going to go with a solid color top for some more versatility.

SRK

FNG
the color looks much lighter in the ads compared to the real life photos of it. i personally think that it blends better where i live in the midwest