The Tsunami

Has anybody else seen the Tsunami shelter from Warbonnet Outdoors? Very interesting looking shelter, has a huge footprint with very usable space and easy to erect. My biggest concern with this would be its ability to shed wind.

Geewhiz

WKR
The only thing that looks like it could be annoying is it looks like you’ve got to have trees to guy out each end of the Ridgeline. Otherwise it’s very light for its size and looks to have tons of usable space like you said. I had not heard of it, looks cool. Get it with a stove jack and you’ve got a 13x14’9” wall tent that weighs 3 lbs.

As far as wind shedding it’s more or less got hilleberg pole designs and a grand total of 20 guy out points so I would think you could get it pitched fairly tight as long as you positioned The flat end panels strategically.

OP
couesbitten
That's a fair point, about the trees. With a little planning, if you knew you were going to be in an area above treeline or in the desert, I'm sure you could use an aluminum pole or crossed 8 ft long tree branches at each end to create the high point to secure this tent to. What I like about it is the simplicity of the design. I think this would be a much easier design for a DIYer to copy and create on their own and you could copy the basic design and custom make it to the size you wanted/needed.