The ultimate front-county hunting set up?

Hnthrdr

WKR
So with all the discourse about “backcountry” and ultra light weight and the best of the best. What is the ultimate front country set up? The worst of the worst?

Binos: 8x32 blister pack or do I go with some 25 year old bushnells that have water damage

Rifle: Rossi Mare’s leg in .357 with a weaver scope

Pack: jansport

Would love to hear some other additions to my list. Keep in mind that I will only take unethical shots mostly from the road possibly while driving when taking this into consideration

Better get a pair of danner pronghorn 400 grams. They’re so bulky you can hardly drive your pickup, yet also don’t keep your feet warm or dry.

Pickup a pair of 19$ mossy oak cargo pants that are loose in all the wrong places, and somehow turn completely grey the first time they see sunlight or a washing machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hopefully your hunting rig has a big sunroof so you have a 360 view and shooting platform.
Grandma’s low mileage Toyota Avalon should fit the bill, do I upgrade the tires or stick with the current 15 year old racing slicks, I’ll chain up so i doubt it will matter, hunting 4th rifle I’ll be good right?

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
No need for chains just buy a box of self tapping hex head screws the will work for studs / ice picks and a lot cheeper

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
1. I might lean towards an AR-10 loaded with FMJs and a red dot setup that hasn’t been zeroed, it’ll definitely help to have additional mil-surplus rounds so you can shoot while your partner drives.

2. Everyone knows your pack is actually a man-purse/shoulder bag made from the latest brand of vegan-approved sustainable pleather.

3. Cowboy, fedora, or boonie hat purchased at the airport with state flag or some other tourist cliche on it.

4. Rambo knife of epic proportions.

5. Bluetooth surround sound, everywhere you go.

grfox92

WKR
This should get you started in the right direction.
fe4ea7af412b30ec75be0a681e8c9a9f.jpg
de81621da215c3c89760ae3839011993.jpg
65a1497e3a33f83a0de08c9d447156e1.jpg
37bd95f5784820e38205a9231fc9a572.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
Also my bad, but I was wrong about the rifle. I'd go with this. Not cheap, but they do shoot 6" groups at 100 yards.
af55b371114871adbe21a7bcc139cd9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
How about some Walmart Blaze orange insulated coveralls? They have to be all cotton so they absorb as much water as possible.

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
How about some Walmart Blaze orange insulated coveralls? They have to be all cotton so they absorb as much water as possible.
Sounds about right, kind of a do it all from those 60+ degree days to the wet and snowy days shouldn’t be a problem

Brownrice

Lil-Rokslider
Grandma’s low mileage Toyota Avalon should fit the bill, do I upgrade the tires or stick with the current 15 year old racing slicks, I’ll chain up so i doubt it will matter, hunting 4th rifle I’ll be good right?
I’d really debate on some cheap studded tires up front. Though financial choices matter better just run chains and spend the money on stubby banquets gotta stay hydrated and warm. If you get to wild might want to hammer out the wheel wells to get a little more room to put chains on when needed.

Don't need any of that. Ya just need a couple cans of monster energy drink (original green kind), some timberwolf or grizzly dip, a truck w the huge whitetail euro rack sticker on the back window, and a loaded 223 savage ready to fling the muzzle out the window at a moments notice.

Ahhh youth...

Ratted Toyota Tacoma or 4rnr with a spacer lift, aftermarket exhaust (you NEED this for an engine that will never see the north side of 4k) and overwattage LEDs in the incandescent housings and lots of stickers in the rear window loudly announcing your beliefs and spending habits.

JGTWI

WKR
This thread hits me to the core- as a Midwest whitetail guy, all we knew growing up were the waffle knit cotton baselayers, orange Walls bibs/coat from Fleet Farm, some 800gr Rocky boots, and the tasco blister pack binoculars.

It was a hell of a good time too 🤣