The ultimate front-county hunting set up?

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
This thread hits me to the core- as a Midwest whitetail guy, all we knew growing up were the waffle knit cotton baselayers, orange Walls bibs/coat from Fleet Farm, some 800gr Rocky boots, and the tasco blister pack binoculars.

It was a hell of a good time too 🤣
I bet you even killed some bucks with that “kit” funny what we think we need sometimes to be able to kill an animal

Remington 700 in 6.5 creedmor with talleys and a nice vortex crossfire. Keep it tipped out the truck window ready to go hot at any time providing it doesnt go off on its own . Most likely a Yeti coffee cup in the cupholder of the brodozer rollin on 35x12.5r22 toyo mt's. And about $5k in sitka crap just so they can survive the elements when they get out of the truck to go pee.

Good chance they have the radio cranked up, serenading the wilderness with Luke brian singing I'm a princess. Obviously Locally hated and cumings bro stickers all over the place too.

Truck bed full of empty white claws

This should get you started in the right direction.
fe4ea7af412b30ec75be0a681e8c9a9f.jpg
de81621da215c3c89760ae3839011993.jpg
65a1497e3a33f83a0de08c9d447156e1.jpg
37bd95f5784820e38205a9231fc9a572.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I have one of the Mossberg's in 450 Bush Masters good gun for 100yards and under in the eastern mountains on white tails.

EvanG17

FNG
This thread hits me to the core- as a Midwest whitetail guy, all we knew growing up were the waffle knit cotton baselayers, orange Walls bibs/coat from Fleet Farm, some 800gr Rocky boots, and the tasco blister pack binoculars.

So true man... I had hand me down camo from a place called goodwill lol. Had a Remington 870 with a bead, boots from Walmart, and binos from grandpas pickup that were blurry as could be and could not be focused

This should get you started in the right direction.
65a1497e3a33f83a0de08c9d447156e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I’ve never been accused of knowing what looks good when it comes to clothing just ask my wife. But daggum those boots are hard to look at.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider

Man, this is way too accurate. I need to dig out the pictures from my first year hunting. Hand-me-down bibs and jacket that were two sizes too big, set of binoculars that were probably $8.99 at FF, old snow boots, and an iron sight 870 shooting rifled slugs that were likely 20 years old.

I remember walking out to my stand opening morning fully dressed like a blaze orange marshmallow and being so sweaty that I ended up getting down and walking back in before 8:00am because I was so cold.

Oh, and the treestand consisted of a steel ladder leaned up against the tree that led up to some 2x4s nailed together and some OSB laid across the top. Can’t forget the 5 gal bucket with a camo/blaze cushion with those little styrofoam beads that would inevitably end up everywhere when the cushion exploded.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
And if you see another hunter pulling over, speed up and pull over beside him. Be sure to slam your door as hard as you can so he knows you're there. Then start using your rifle scope to scan the hillside for the buck he might have seen.

KenLee

WKR
Don't forget the bag of Doritos & pack of Marlboros just in case there's still any deer within a half mile
I swear my first wife read books while chain smoking and killed more deer than anyone I know in the late 80s-early 90s...with long blonde hair blowing in the breeze.
She went the first year our son hunted in 94, then quit.

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
And if you see another hunter pulling over, speed up and pull over beside him. Be sure to slam your door as hard as you can so he knows you're there. Then start using your rifle scope to scan the hillside for the buck he might have seen.
Dudes using scopes as primary spotting optics kill me… the absolute abundance of cheap/ inexpensive & relatively good binos and the availability of them. Everyone should have a pair