The worst game or fish you've eaten

TXCO

WKR
I agree its all about care and prep. I feel the hardest to get non hunters to eat is goose followed by extra lean deer because so many people over cook venison with such little fat.

On the counter- anything in velvet Ive had tastes great, i guess with no testosterone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_Eightch

WKR
A buddy brought some mule deer backstrap to work and it was horrible.
And I agree with some others, tilapia is gross as hell.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I fished and dove the Pacific ocean all my life... with scallops being my favorite. For many years i couldnt eat scallops in a restaurat as they didnt compare to fresh from the ocean.

Its the rare shark that isnt so tangy that it tastes good... nothing like scallops imo.

desertcj

WKR
Lot's of experience with ocean critters as well. Fresh raw scallops are amazing if you can do sushi. Sweet and mild! In my experience, shark can be really good or pretty bad. Mostly depending on how it was bled, prepared and cooked. Also depends how much you have had to drink first, because after a 12 pack most things taste great when you are hungry...lol

I shot a musty ass Wild Boar at Tejon that was horrible tasting. I was going to give it to the dog slowly but he wouldn't eat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk