Things to do near West Yellowstone, MT

X2 on quake lake. And Virginia city if you have time to drive that far. There’s a little gold mining and panning exhibit on the west side of town, ends up being mostly panning for garnets but my wife and 4 year old enjoyed it.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Firehole BBQ is pretty good if you want some good tri tip. As has been mentioned, Quake Lake is a must. It’s not too far from West Yellowstone and they have a pretty cool visitors center that shows the sheer power unleashed by the mountain collapsing and a memorial to all the people that were caught up in the slide.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
The family and I will be in this area for a week. Any cool spots to grab some eats or sweet things to do while we are out there?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
The wolf and grizzly center in west Yellowstone is great. I second Chico Hot Springs but it’s several hours away. Went there with the kids last month for the first time and just absolutely loved everything about it. Makes me sad it just got bought. If you head up toward Big Sky from West Yellowstone we really liked Riverhouse Barbeque. Really good food and an incredibly beautiful setting.

OP
K

kravguy

WKR
Get there early the place is pretty small. The veiw out the window is second to none. Now I want Pancakes..
Reservations made for Sunday. Did Quake lake stuff this afternoon.

We have a fly fishing trip down the Madison tomorrow.

Sunday is West Yellowstone griz n wolf day.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk