Thinking about swapping scopes

Mildot

FNG
I currently have [5] Trijicon Credo scopes and love them. I had used Leupolds for years but have changed over to these. I have [2] 3-9x40's mounted on Tikka T3X's, and [3] 1-6x24's mounted on AR's

I use these at a max of 200 yards. My eyes are getting worse and I am thinking about swapping the 3-9's for Trijicon Hurons 2.5-10 or 3-12's.

I know about the shorter eye relief and I don't need the illumination.

Has any body done the same swap, and are you happy with it?

Not looking at any other scopes.

Thanks, Mike

EdP

WKR
I have not done the swap and don't see the purpose, but that's up to you. As far as the shorter eye relief listed in the specs, I put a Huron on my .444 Marlin and have no issue with the eye relief. My Marlin .444 tends to come up at me when fired, so if eye relief was going to be a problem, it would be with the Marlin.

Hope that is of some help.

I have a credo 3-9 and a Huron 3-9. Obviously the 3-9 is what you wanna get away from but I don’t have issues with the eye relief. I’m almost in the same boat as you. I haven’t hunted with the credo yet but plan to finish out the season with it. After season I may change directions

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
If you are big game hunting at 200 yards and in, you have plenty of scope already. Keep in mind a scope is an optical sight. Perhaps quality binoculars would fit the bill to locate/identify your game. I have cataracts, macular degeneration, and some other eye condition I can't even spell; my primary big game rifle wears a 2.5X scope (I should confess I mounted that scope many years ago when I had better vision). I use good binoculars to identify game.