Those who favored Meindl Perfekt Hikers

If you wore the Perfekt Hikers and have moved on, what did you get that you liked as well or better? I actually ordered my third pair last fall (one of the last ones available) and they will last a while but I’m already wondering what will be next. The Meindl’s just fit my feet so that is what I am most interested in.

wseidel

WKR
I'm in somewhat the same situation as I bought a second pair of the Perfekt Hunters a year ago once I heard they were being discontinued at Cabela's. I also have a pair of the Perfekt Hikers...so I'm hoping between the three pair that they'll last my lifetime as I've never had a better boot. I'll be curious to see what additional responses you get to this thread.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I might be wrong, but when researching before I bought mine, I think there's a standalone Meindl model that is extremely similar, so don't despair. But price point might be different.

Just be cognizant of potential fit differences, as the Meindl "Islander" boot sold in Canada by Meindl give me heel blisters in steep country but the Cabelas Perfekt Hiker and Hunter boots are "Perfekt" for my feet...no blisters from day 1. I've stocked up on them over the past years since I first heard Cabelas was selling out and am set for life with several pairs of each.

fishslap

WKR
Not to derail from the topic but I have a lightly used (2-3 hikes) pair of size 13 perfekt hikers that have been sitting around for a few years if someone is looking for a pair.

OP
Mr Drysdale
Not to derail from the topic but I have a lightly used (2-3 hikes) pair of size 13 perfekt hikers that have been sitting around for a few years if someone is looking for a pair.
I wish I was size 13.

I have ordered from Meindl USA. They shipped really fast and were great when I had to rerun a pair that didn’t fit. I’m sticking with my Cabelas Meindl Denali’s for now, but the Vakuum Hunter at Meindl USA is built on the same last.

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I wear meindl perfect hikers light version I believe. I bought a pair of zamberlin that seem almost the same.

Diesel

WKR
Cabelas is dead to me.
Bass Pro Shops has TRASHED Cabelas.
I used to buy quite a bit from Cabelas... online and in store. They have discontinued all of my favorite products and clothing. Their online store is but a shell of a business pushing BPS junk.
I am done with Cabelas. Have had their card for 15 yrs. Going to change that too. Such a disappoinment.
Glad Meindl is still kicking. My Perfekt Hikers are my favorite.
[/QUOTE

Diesel

WKR
Bass Pro Shops has TRASHED Cabelas.
I used to buy quite a bit from Cabelas... online and in store. They have discontinued all of my favorite products and clothing. Their online store is but a shell of a business pushing BPS junk.
I am done with Cabelas. Have had their card for 15 yrs. Going to change that too. Such a disappoinment.
Glad Meindl is still kicking. My Perfekt Hikers are my favorite.
I am in the same place with cabelas and let them know they are losing another long term customer. It truly is sad they ran this company into the ground. Too bad for both the customers and employees.

I have worn the Meindl perfekt hunters for roughly 30 years and mine are dying now. I used to keep a new pair ready so if they ever discontinued them I would have a backup. I did not do that this time because the quality was not quite as good and now I see they are history.

So I will try with this new Meindl USA and let you know how it goes. Bad sign already is they don't answer the phone.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I bought a pair of Lowa Rangers to replace my Perfekt Hikers and they have worked well. I have read that Lowas can run small so I did go up a half size when I switched to the Lowas. I am glad I did.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Are the Meindl USA boots all made in Germany or are they outsourcing stuff to Asia like some of the cabelas/meindl stuff was? I had an original pair of perfects that were great but went to kenetrek & lowa after that due to the direction cabelas was headed.

KurtR

WKR
I went to kenetrek this year. The perfekt did fit great. I am really happy with the extreme hunter with super feet guide foot beds so far

Diesel

WKR
Are the Meindl USA boots all made in Germany or are they outsourcing stuff to Asia like some of the cabelas/meindl stuff was? I had an original pair of perfects that were great but went to kenetrek & lowa after that due to the direction cabelas was headed.

I called Meindl USA several timesto ask about that very question among others but they do not answer the phone. That's concerning for a retailer and makes me wonder about their customer service.

I called Meindl USA several timesto ask about that very question among others but they do not answer the phone. That's concerning for a retailer and makes me wonder about their customer service.

I have communicated with them via email and they have always replied within a couple hours...sometimes in just minutes.

I can also confirm that at least the Comfort Fit Hikers are made in Germany.

TheCougar

WKR
I switched over to Crispis after Cabelas jumped the shark and ended their Meindl line. Besides Cripisi, the closest fit to Meindl was Zamberlan. I would recommend starting with both those companies first. The Meindl Perfect Hiker is probably closer to the Valdres, Summit, or Dakota in terms of weight and flexibility. For the Zamberlan, the Perfect Hiker is between the Vioz Hike (more flexible sole) and the regular Vioz (a hair stiffer than the Meindl). Their Guide boot is stiffer still, but an excellent boot also. I also tried Lowa, Asolo, and Salomon and found their boots too narrow.