Thoughts on best Phelps call?

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I like the amp black for cow calls and the grey or phelps sig pink for bull calls

Studs1991

FNG
No such things as best in my opinion. Each person has a favorite but that’s all it is. I’ve only used three of them. The white, Phelps pink, and the Maverick. I prefer the pink and the mav. I take both into the mountains. Good luck this year everyone!

Can't re-iterate this enough. I own the pink, green, and black AMP, and all have their place. I will say that chuckling is easier on a stiffer latex, but if you want to sound like an immature bull or calf, a looser latex is better suited. On a recent podcast, I heard Phelps say his recommendation would be to buy the black and the gray. My best advice would be to buy 3-4 of them and try for yourself

No such things as best in my opinion. Each person has a favorite but that’s all it is. I’ve only used three of them. The white, Phelps pink, and the Maverick. I prefer the pink and the mav. I take both into the mountains. Good luck this year everyone!
All 3 of my favorites as well.

Well I like the pink juggernaut diaphragm call and the Dirk Durham renegade tube. They don't really make cow call that I like so I use another brand.

Lowedown

FNG
These have become my go to diaphragm calls. The chart is super helpful, and a good place to start is with a 3 pack of the pitch blacks. This lets you play with different levels of stretch with a medium thickness. Then you will know what part of the spectrum works best for you and know what to try next. I have had great luck with the pink signature reed, and the grey amp.

The palate plate is a must for me as I have a Torus Palatinus. The original primos dome was ok but cut the roof of my mouth up. The Amp reeds are more comfortable and consistent.

Have fun and don't give up on mouth calls!

Pink all the way. Used to run the Maverick for years but I've taken a likening to the sound of Phelps signature. Sorry, Dirk.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if any online type of classes to best learn how to call?
The ElkNut app was great for me to learn off of.
I think it has changed a little since I used it. But I would bet it’s about the best of that kind of thing and it was very helpful to me.