Thoughts on clothes from China

Shrek

WKR
I thought that's how the Japanese acted? I've never heard someone say what you said. I'm not saying it's not true. Bill
The Japanese certainly had that cultural attitude and it’s still lurking but their society was almost completely destroyed in WWII and has been reconstructed. The Chinese cultural attitudes towards others goes back a long way. At one point the Chinese were trading down the east afirican coast and then decided that they were the center of the world and the world should come to them not them to the world. In their irrational beliefs they literally burned the Chinese fleet to insure that Chinese would not travel to trade and expected the other societies to come and give tribute to the god on earth emperor of China.
Today they feel free to steal any intellectual property , lie , cheat , and steal real property. Friends who import from China have learned hard lessons about this.

Personally do not think of buying anything from China to be a good idea, especially after the outbreak. Definitely willing to pay more for goods made and sold in the USA.

I wonder what it would cost FL, KUIU and Sitka to have their clothes made here? How much more of a markup would it be? 10-15%. Kifaru makes everything in the great USA. Everyone should follow suit.
Everything Kifaru sells is made and sourced here. And, the only pack companies that charges less for comparable packs is mystery ranch and seek outside. MR makes their hunting line over see’s and seek sources some of their supplies from over seas.

It isn’t any more expensive for that stuff. And only slightly more expensive for everyday clothes. My blue jeans are sourced and made here. At $33 a pair, I’ll pay more knowing it’s the American thing to do.

Travis907

WKR
I already do pay more and buy USA made products whenever I have an good option like Darn Tough socks and Kifaru gear! Yes we do pay more but the quality of USA made is by far better. Let’s get the high end hunting clothes manufacturers on the same page!

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
but the quality of USA made is by far better

Sometimes. I still seek out any alternative to supporting the CCP and will gladly go out of my way to support Taiwan. As far as packs go, always buy American. For clothes, I've self-imposed a purchasing moratorium on "premium" hunting clothes until the new line comes out from Origin.

There used to be a company out of Utah that was selling USA made hunting clothes at a VERY competitive price, but I can't find them anymore.