Thoughts on southwest airlines?

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Use to fly with them every week, they aren't bad and have decent perks. Would recommend you get the early bird check in or priority, so you're in your seat before family boarding.

Trial153

WKR
Couple things.
Pay for the early bird check in. Especially if your taking a personal bag and carry on, or if you have an optics bag Ect. Use the upgraded boarding. A1- 15 is big difference if you want a premium seat with leg room and no issues with your carry on.

The connections see to suck the last few years. Seems like direct flights nonexistent anymore. They always are routing you to a hub.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Thanks everyone. I'm going to go ahead and book the flight. It's a pretty smoking deal for a round trip flight under 500 bucks including two checked bags. One connection in Denver and that shouldn't be an issue either. If everything gets canceled and goes to hell it's fine I can still drive. It'll just take up a few more hunting days that's all. Appreciate everyone's input!!

Fowl Play

WKR
If their routes work for me, I normally take them. Never had any problem. Like has been mentioned before you have to pay extra for the "early bird check in" so it reserves you an early boarding spot automatically. Especially on return flights where you may be out of cell coverage the day before.

current news definitely shows they need to spend some serious money on their IT infrastructure though. I hope they make it through.

LostArra

WKR
If you fly a lot you will experience a problem at some point with any airline unless you're coughing up for NetJets.

Southwest has been good to us because we usually are flying to spots with minimal connections and my wife is one of those travel wizards who manages to always pay with points, companion pass (SW cc) and always has us in the A group. I was actually A-1 on a flight.

Returning from Alaska one time on Alaska Air one of my checked bags was "lost". When I mentioned to the AA worker that the bag was carrying a firearm. She quickly made a couple of calls and my bag was "unlost" within 15 minutes.