Thunder Beast Suppressor CB Advice.

So I recently picked up my first suppressor which is a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 CB and I am running a 5/8x24 NTB and I attaching my NTB at 15in lbs as recommended with some red lock tight this morning.
I was wanted to know, do you guys put any type of lubricants , anti cease or grease on the threads of the CB mount for removing the suppressor after shooting or hunting? I know the original thread protector that came factory from Barrett on my Fieldcraft had some type of heavy lubricant or grease on the threads. So im just curious if you guys put anything on your CB brake for threading the supressor on and off? Thanks for any advice.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I dont use any lubricant
But I recommend removing it every 100 rounds or so to clean up the two mating parts

It can be tough to get off if you leave it on for 200+ consecutive shots on dry threads. My ultra 7 may have pipe wrench tooth marks on it for a similar reason:LOL:

My only TBAC can is a Takedown 22 direct thread, but I always put some anti-seize on the threads of all my taper mount devices, and usually a little on the taper itself. Biggest thing is to not tighten it down while the can and mount are hot.

johnsd16

WKR
I dont use anything but every 10-30 rounds will just loosen a half turn and retighten. I also would not store the can on the brake. I take it off between hunts/range sessions.

OP
TK161BOONER
Thanks for the replies, I have
reading on snipershide and some guy recommended using anti-sieze nickel based. I may try that, but keeping this post up for more replies before I doing something or nothing. Thanks

Weldor

WKR
Food grade antiseize, takes heat and works on alloys. Not as messy as regular copper based antiseize. If you can't find food grade I would recommend nickel based.