Thunderbeast POI shift

Corruptt

FNG
I just got the Thunderbeast 338 Ultra Gen 2 out of jail and noticed a pretty significate POI shift. Currently its on a 338 LM and zeroed 500 yards it will be 10 inches high at 100. With the TB on there its only 4.5 inches high at 100 yards, horizontal is still perfect. Has anyone else had this much shift while using TB?

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Ultra 7. It shifts about 1.5" for my rifles. Have you noticed any difference in accuracy? That's my main concern

OP
C

Corruptt

FNG
I shot one to confirm that it was still 10" high, and once I saw where it landed I shot a second and it put it half an inch to the left of the first shot. One thing I didn't do was shoot it with out the TB to see if it returned to previous 10" high.

That would be a very low amount of shift from my experience, I'd be really pleased with that.

Robobiss

FNG
No experience with that specific can, but that’s a reasonable amount of shift.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
1" of shift with a gen 1 TBAC on a heavy palma. POI shift is normal. 5.5" seems like a bit, but thats a heavy can. Repeatability is what matters

Scorpion

WKR
I only have experience with the Dominus CB on my 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC. Pretty negligible changes to POI. I can still make hits on 400-500 yard 12” steel with or without the can.

I’m sure that 338 is heavier and the length/weight create a bigger cantilever.

That said, I always zero the rifle with the suppressor if I plan to hunt with it in that configuration. As long as it is repeatable I wouldn’t worry about it.

ID_Matt

WKR
Barrel profile and weight of the suppressor play a huge role in the amount of POI shift. 5" shift does not seem unreasonable for that big of can.

OP
C

Corruptt

FNG
I'll get back out to the range in a week or so and give it further testing, with and with out the can to see the difference. The barrel is the stock Savage 110BA barrel fluted, has the older style giant aluminum chassis.