Suppressor POI shift

jahaze

FNG
What's considered a "good" POI shift? I have a Sako with a 24" barrel, in .270 running a Stealth Project suppressor. The POI shift is consistently low and right by 3-4" at 100-yards. Anyone know how this compares to other suppressor makes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMO, the only good shift is no shift or a perfectly consistent shift. Anything else is just a shift and has to be dealt with.

I hate dealing with it so I only shoot with the suppressor on now.

What's considered a "good" POI shift? I have a Sako with a 24" barrel, in .270 running a Stealth Project suppressor. The POI shift is consistently low and right by 3-4" at 100-yards. Anyone know how this compares to other suppressor makes?

There is no good shift. There is just a shift due to the weight causing a change. Some may be extreme and some may not be.

IMO, the only good shift is no shift or a perfectly consistent shift. Anything else is just a shift and has to be dealt with.

I hate dealing with it so I only shoot with the suppressor on now.

Good point. It would be interesting to see if anyone has experiences with inconsistent shift.

I move my Hyperion K around between two rifles all the time, with both left zeroed for suppressed shooting. Removing it and putting it back on the same gun later has never resulted in any change of zero whatsoever.

OP
J

jahaze

FNG
Part of the basis for my question was Stealth advertises "minimal" POI shift, but I didn't have anything to compare it too. It sounds like it's about normal given the responses so far.

I'm trying to decide if I should leave it on all the time or just take it off for my upcoming hunting trip (it makes for a looong ass rifle with it on).