TI Goat Vertex 7.5 vs SO 4 Man

Gobbler36

WKR
Any body have any experience with the TI goat tipi? I currently have a SO 4 man and it seems like for a tiny weight penalty you can have more room in the 7.5, that being said I do love my SO so wondering if it would be worth the switch? Does the 7.5 give up a bunch of features? Poor weather performance, etc?

CM

WKR
I have a TI Goat Vertex 7.5. I have never been around a SO 4 man. I have never had too much trouble with the TI Goat tipi in the weather. I also have a Golite SL5. I would say they are comparable in the wind. I generally pack the Golite, unless I want more room and need a stove then I take the Vertex.

If you are anywhere near southeast Idaho you can have a look at my Vertex and see what you think.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
I have a TI Goat Vertex 7.5. I have never been around a SO 4 man. I have never had too much trouble with the TI Goat tipi in the weather. I also have a Golite SL5. I would say they are comparable in the wind. I generally pack the Golite, unless I want more room and need a stove then I take the Vertex.

If you are anywhere near southeast Idaho you can have a look at my Vertex and see what you think.

That would be awesome, I'm actually over in pokie every month for work

CM

WKR
I live on the north end of Cache Valley, about 20 minutes south of Preston. Let me know when you will be down this way and we can work something out.