Tikka bolt face opened for 6.5 PRC

OP
S

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
No mods to the extractor. Thought it might need a tiny tig pad on the bottom, but worked perfectly without.

SCSCHNUR

FNG
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor I want to do this to make into a PRC.
Is it possible thank you for your answer.

SCSCHNUR

FNG
Another question if I may when switching to 6.5 PRC did you need to change bottom metal or is the magazine able to fit PRC rounds? Is there any difference in magnum bolt length over regular bolts? I believe regular bolt face is 12mm and magnum is 13.5 mm correct? Reason my asking is I can buy regular bolt face for 369.00 if the only difference is the bolt face maybe I could get one and open it up. Sorry for all the questions but I am really interested in the PRC.

Last edited:

Dhbwa

WKR
The only difference is the face. Have yours opened it’s less than 1/2 the cost of buying another.
I need a std bolt for an action that USPS lost......

SCSCHNUR

FNG
The only difference is the face. Have yours opened it’s less than 1/2 the cost of buying another.
I need a std bolt for an action that USPS lost......
What about bottom metal magazines and such will 6.5 PRC fit OK. I know where you can buy regular bolt but they are 369 dollars.

prm

WKR
So, you’re saying I can pick up any 308 based cartridge T3X, put a 6.5 PRC barrel on it, and get the bolt modified and I’m good to go? If it were a .260 or 6.5 Creedmoor could the chamber simply be reamed to 6.5 PRC (and bolt mod..)?