Tikka recoil lug question

DaleW

WKR
I just picked up a tikka reciever I purchased from a fellow rokslide member. I was checking the fitment in my mesa precision arms stock and noticed that the the recoil lug is slightly too small for the notch in the reciever and can be easily wiggled back and forth. Is there a aftermarket lug that fits more precisely or should I just make sure it's seated against the reciever and go with it?

Pardon my ignorance, I have exclusively owned rem 700 clone rifles.

Eagle

WKR
Easiest thing to do is to bed your lug into the stock. It won't ever come back out, but as long as you bed it properly, you'll have a consistent connection with the barreled action.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Just needs to be seated. Make sure it's in the slot and snug the (degreased) action screws up with the rifle vertical, drop it on the butt a few times, torque to 50-60 in/lb.

I replaced all of my lugs to mountain tactical lugs. They aren’t a super tight fit to the stock but they remove the slop you’re talking about and make zero noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
DaleW

DaleW

WKR
Thanks for all the input, i appreciate it. I'll probably get a aftermarket lug that fits a little better and bed it in the stock.