Tikka Roughtech and Supressor?

When I measured the the shoulder a year or so ago on a rifle in a store, it was .733. 5/8” threads should be around .625”. That’s leaves about .108” of shoulder.

I believe suppressor companies recommend .100” as minimum. Anyone successfully out a can on a tikka roughtech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
You're thinking that the factory 5/8–24 threads don't leave enough shoulder? Is that what you're saying? Was the barrel you measured a Roughtech (they have a larger contour barrel than Tikka's standard sporter barrel).

Regardless, I have mounted both a GEMTECH Tracker and APA Little Bastard on my Roughtech without issue. There's plenty of shoulder.

OP
T
You're thinking that the factory 5/8–24 threads don't leave enough shoulder? Is that what you're saying? Was the barrel you measured a Roughtech (they have a larger contour barrel than Tikka's standard sporter barrel).

Regardless, I have mounted both a GEMTECH Tracker and APA Little Bastard on my Roughtech without issue. There's plenty of shoulder.

The rifled I measured last year was the rough tech with the heavier barrel and tan stock (factory thread 5/8-24). Good to know the roughtech and your suppressors work together!

On a side note, does the rifle feel very long when you put your suppressor on? I’m looking at the 6.5 creed with a 24”. My suppressor is approx 8” long. Would be for open country mule hunting

mcr-85

WKR
I have a Tikka T3x Superlite 6.5x284. Its threaded 1/2-28 and I shoot my 5/8-24 suppressors on it with a thread adapter. I know not exactly what you are asking but there is a way to make it work on smaller profile barrels. Its a 7" on a 24" barrel. It is long but manageable.

..................Would be for open country mule hunting

On another note, I'd hate to be riding my mule through where ever you are hunting though. Don't shoot the ones with riders please. :ROFLMAO:

Antares

WKR
On a side note, does the rifle feel very long when you put your suppressor on? I’m looking at the 6.5 creed with a 24”. My suppressor is approx 8” long. Would be for open country mule hunting

Same rifle I have (24" 6.5CM). Yeah, it's long with a suppressor on it...no getting around that.

IMG_5065.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
T
I have a Tikka T3x Superlite 6.5x284. Its threaded 1/2-28 and I shoot my 5/8-24 suppressors on it with a thread adapter. I know not exactly what you are asking but there is a way to make it work on smaller profile barrels. Its a 7" on a 24" barrel. It is long but manageable.

On another note, I'd hate to be riding my mule through where ever you are hunting though. Don't shoot the ones with riders please. :ROFLMAO:

Lol don’t worry, I try to keep the shot at or under 500 yards. I have good glass (spotter and binos) so I’d hope I would know the difference between a mule and mule deer lol

mcr-85

WKR
Lol don’t worry, I try to keep the shot at or under 500 yards. I have good glass (spotter and binos) so I’d hope I would know the difference between a mule and mule deer lol

Just giving you shit. I knew what you meant.

Here is my suppressed Tikka.
0fa4663daea7b801634f480ea6cee055.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Looks like you got your question answered, but I will add that with the machining tolerances being applied in today‘s suppressor and rifle manufacturing, you can get away with having less than the TBAC recommended shoulder. I have a couple barrels that mic at around .690 at the muzzle, have 5/8” threads and my suppressors fit on them (and thread up tight) every time.

mcr-85

WKR
What’s the adapter you are using? And what suppressor?

Did you find a stock 6.5-284 or did you have it rebarreled?
I use a Hughes Precision adapter 1/2-28 to 5/8-24. I have a Griffin Armament GP7 and a few Form 1 suppressors I shoot.

My tikka started life as a 6.5 Creedmoor and got rechambered to the 6.5x284. Same factory barrel.