Tikka Roughtech vs Lite ?

jam66

Lil-Rokslider
I was originally looking for a Tikka T3X lite in a 308 but can’t find one anywhere. I’m confused whether the Roughtech barrel is a heavier contour and does the 22 “ length include the Muzzlebrake?
What are the other upgrades with the Roughtech?
Is the 1:11 Twist a deal breaker? I’m not shooting over 180gr bullets.

OP
J

jam66

Lil-Rokslider
Is the bottom metal still plastic? Is the Cerakote really an upgrade over stainless?

Bottom metal is still the same. Don’t think the rough tech is cerakoted though. Pretty sure you have to jump up to a “veil” for the extra coating....?

that said the SS tikkas I’ve had haven’t been at all stainless for being stainless. I’d try a cerakote option over the SS any day but for how much $$$ that’s up to you.

KG406

FNG
As long as you aren't hoping to shoot any heavier someday the 1:11 is okay, I sure do wish they'd change to a 1:10 though! I'd stay patient and try to find the lite, I was not impressed when I checked out the roughtech

Antares

WKR
Bottom metal is still the same. Don’t think the rough tech is cerakoted though. Pretty sure you have to jump up to a “veil” for the extra coating....?

that said the SS tikkas I’ve had haven’t been at all stainless for being stainless. I’d try a cerakote option over the SS any day but for how much $$$ that’s up to you.
I think you’re right. The Veils are cerakoted. I think the Roughtechs are black nitride.

Berreta replied to me asking about the steel on the newer guns. They said the rough tech is blued carbon (nonstainless) steel.