Tikka stock decisions...

Hello Brett,
I have a privateer stock and a mesa, for light weight and handling I like the privateer more, finish quality is also a little better than Mesa. Although they are both built by AGcomposites, finish on my privateer is a lot better than my Mesa.
23 ounces on the privateer, I didnt weight my Mesa stock but I can say that it is a little bit heavier.
Fit on both was awesome with no bedding needed.
hope you find this helpful

Am I missing something? The Tikka action doesn't show up on the website as an option for the Privateer.

Yes I bought mine from Oregon mountain rifles, great guy, updated me on the status every week and had mine shipped in 3 weeks.👍

OP
BrettJolly

BrettJolly

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve narrowed it down to either an AG privateer or manners EH-T. Anyone with experience with both? Pros cons to each?

OP
BrettJolly

BrettJolly

Lil-Rokslider
I actually just bought two off here. An eht manners and a McMillan. I have a tikka veil in 6.5 PRC. And neither comes close to fitting. I’m starting to the think the veil has a different contour barrel. I still need to pick up the 300 t3 superlite I bought to see if either fit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me know if you want to get rid of either....

STAxel

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Greyboe Phoenix on an R700 and it's a nice stock. It's right at 32 ounces, so it might be a bit heavier than some others. It does have MLOK on the bottom and an adjustable stock, so those are nice.
I’ve been reading a bit about the Phoenix…how durable are the MLok rails on the bottom, any flex when using bipods or anything like that?

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been reading a bit about the Phoenix…how durable are the MLok rails on the bottom, any flex when using bipods or anything like that?
They are good. I've attached both a pic rail and an Arca plate to the MLoks and both are very solid.

TN VOL

FNG
Has anyone tried the McMillan Game Warden 2.0? I’m trying to decide between it and the Grayboe Phoenix. McMillan doesn’t list the weight for the game warden.

TN VOL

FNG
Email Lynne and you will probably have an answer today or tomorrow.
[email protected]
I called their customer service line just a few minutes ago after going through the order form and finding a few more questions. First, McMillan has excellent customer service and were very helpful without making me feel rushed for them to end the call. The Game Warden 2.0 can be as light as 28oz to just over 3lbs depending on carbon fiber vs fiberglass and which fill material you select. You can also get a 6" ARCA rail installed just forward of the mag well and retain the forward sling mounts. Lead times are 3-4 months for a painted stock and 5-6 months for a molded stock. With the options I'm looking at, the McMillan and Grayboe are at the same price point. I guess I'll call Grayboe and talk with them as well. My Tikka T3x is the only synthetic stocked rifle I've owned so this is new territory for me.

sndmn11

WKR
I called their customer service line just a few minutes ago after going through the order form and finding a few more questions. First, McMillan has excellent customer service and were very helpful without making me feel rushed for them to end the call. The Game Warden 2.0 can be as light as 28oz to just over 3lbs depending on carbon fiber vs fiberglass and which fill material you select. You can also get a 6" ARCA rail installed just forward of the mag well and retain the forward sling mounts. Lead times are 3-4 months for a painted stock and 5-6 months for a molded stock. With the options I'm looking at, the McMillan and Grayboe are at the same price point. I guess I'll call Grayboe and talk with them as well. My Tikka T3x is the only synthetic stocked rifle I've owned so this is new territory for me.

When my warranty replacement Phoenix comes in, I might sell it. If that interests you, shoot me a pm.

sndmn11

WKR
Glad I didn’t buy one, there have been a few that Iv seen on here broken there
It definitely is the weakest point on a stock. In fairness, I should have thought through my stock choice for doing that test. That action is shooting really well in the BC stock, but I greatly prefer shooting the Grayboe stock.

Did you watch that part of the video?

Lawnboi

WKR
It definitely is the weakest point on a stock. In fairness, I should have thought through my stock choice for doing that test. That action is shooting really well in the BC stock, but I greatly prefer shooting the Grayboe stock.

Did you watch that part of the video?
Yea I found it.

I think you would like a bravo or eh1

sndmn11

WKR
Yea I found it.

I think you would like a bravo or eh1
The bell and carlson on there now has the AL block that runs through the grip to the tip, so that is what I ended up using for the rest of the scope testing and will in the future also. I don't hunt with the Tikka, which is why I am on the fence about keeping the Grayboe. If I hunted with it, for sure I would put it in that Grayboe, thing is perfect for hunting.

I'd get a bravo if I didn't have to get new mags.