Tikka T3x action screw replacement help

isu22andy

WKR
I stripped the front action screw head when torquing my tikka t3x . Stupid mistake . Frustrated chasing an accuracy problem on 7 rem mag using cheap tools . I checked the local hardware store but the screw head is a little different taper or shape . Does anyone have a replacement on hand ? Will pay for you to mail it ? Or know where I can pick one up ? Also recoil lug has a little dent in it from the rifle do I need to replace it or is it alright ???
9fa46c7a801e778c675ccb9717b2942e.jpg

c9daf4d158b19c4df117dcc009bd429b.jpg

4be760580ee48158bcbff8dd9bd3b423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Sent you a PM . Thank you so much ! Thats what its all about !

Mudflap621

Lil-Rokslider
I don't believe that screw is the front action screw its an accessory location for adding the larger forend. The front action screw is just in front of your mag release.

Motown

WKR
I don't believe that screw is the front action screw its an accessory location for adding the larger forend. The front action screw is just in front of your mag release.
Mudflap is right. That screw you stripped is just an accessory screw and not for the action.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
I took the rifle out of the stock , you actually dont need the screw . Sure is annoying looking at that empty hole though .

Tmac

WKR
I had an accuracy issue with a well used 270 T3. I found it had a dented recoil lug, I reversed it and accuracy returned to prior levels. I bought new steel lugs. The T3X should have a steel lug, I’d be surprised if it dented so soon. Wonder if you got an old aluminum lug by mistake? If it is the same issue, the dent is trapezoidal looking.

Sled

WKR
Anyone know the thread pitch of this?

If you're talking action screws, they are M6. Not sure what the threads are of the screw the OP had issues with but it looks more like the plastic stripped out on that one.

TkeeneMT

FNG
I have an extra set, I’ll send you them. Shoot me your address.

The dent in the lug doesn’t matter, but if I can find the extra one I have I’ll send that too.
I’m in search of the front accessory screw. Where did you get the spare at?