Tikka T3x ejector marks

TBurt18

FNG
I recently bought a brand new Tikka T3x in 6.5 creedmoor, and I started to see pressure signs with factory ammo. I noticed a tight bolt lift and markings on the brass head. I've never had a rifle do this to me so I'm not sure if it is ammo or rifle related. I was shooting Hornady Superformance SST 129 grain. It's strange because I've used this ammo in other rifles and had 0 issues. Any help is appreciated as this has never happened to me.

Attachments

• 20230414_191850.jpg
    20230414_191850.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 109
  • 20230414_191818.jpg
    20230414_191818.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 111
Same rifle, Mine are not quite that bad, but my ejector is swiping cases even if I just close the bolt and open without firing. Fiddled with it a lot, got it better but didn't go away. Put in the lumley kit, did nothing to improve. Decided just to live with it, the gun shoots just fine.

Superformance can be pretty hot. Makes ejector marks in my 30-06, buddies 7mm mag, etc. I would shoot something else if you’re getting a heavy lift personally. Can clean it well check for a carbon ring as well.

OP
T

TBurt18

FNG
Superformance can be pretty hot. Makes ejector marks in my 30-06, buddies 7mm mag, etc. I would shoot something else if you’re getting a heavy lift personally. Can clean it well check for a carbon ring as well.
I checked out the chamber and there wasn't anything built up, it happened in the first rounds through the rifle. I'm going to try to get some other ammo brands and see if they do the same.

Lawnboi

WKR
fresh tikka barrels have given me mild pressure signs. Shoot on and after a few boxes I’d bet it goes away.

Also keep your barrel and chamber dry and free if solvent

Bodie1331

FNG
Could check the ejector to be sure it’s not binding - that could mimic pressure sign

wyosam

WKR
Clean the front of that bolt (and everything else) really well. Looks like a tight chamber to me, and maybe some gunk adding to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a brand new Tikka T3x in 6.5 creedmoor, and I started to see pressure signs with factory ammo. I noticed a tight bolt lift and markings on the brass head. I've never had a rifle do this to me so I'm not sure if it is ammo or rifle related. I was shooting Hornady Superformance SST 129 grain. It's strange because I've used this ammo in other rifles and had 0 issues. Any help is appreciated as this has never happened to me.
Did you figure out anything about the rifle or ammo? I have something similar happening.

OP
T

TBurt18

FNG
Did you figure out anything about the rifle or ammo? I have something similar happening.
I've been fairly busy recently, but I was able to test out one different factory load which was Norma whitetail and it had no issues.