Tikka Ejection Problem

Tod osier

WKR
Thanks for that! The only thing i dont like about that is if I’m on a hunt and check zero and need to adjust or something then im sorta SOL. Or im gonna be carrying the turret knob around and chance losing it. So I’m hoping that getting rid of knurls takes care of the ejection issue so that the scope is still 100% functional. Still plenty of turret to grab ahold of and spin without the knurls.
I just carry the Allen wrench and can steal the elevation turret to adjust windage. With a reliable scope the need to adjust is minimized.

gclubb02

FNG
I just carry the Allen wrench and can steal the elevation turret to adjust windage. With a reliable scope the need to adjust is minimized.
Good point didnt think about that. Im sure I’ll figure something out with all the options you and others have pointed out. I’m just glad it was something in my control and not something with the bolt as I’m definitely not a gunsmith by any means.

I built a 6.5 saum a few years back on a tikka and I have a sightron mounted. It’s definitely hitting the scope windage turret. My setup shoots lights out so I haven’t remedied the problem, but adding a rail would also fix your issue. Best wishes

ElPollo

WKR
Thanks for that! The only thing i dont like about that is if I’m on a hunt and check zero and need to adjust or something then im sorta SOL. Or im gonna be carrying the turret knob around and chance losing it. So I’m hoping that getting rid of knurls takes care of the ejection issue so that the scope is still 100% functional. Still plenty of turret to grab ahold of and spin without the knurls.
If you’re using an SWFA 3-9 or a 6x, you’ll only need to adjust your zero if there is a volcanic eruption, an earthquake, or a tsunami… or if you change your load.