Tikka T3x Superlite 6.5 cm fluted

BAKPAKR

WKR
I was shooting my t3x 6.5cm today, I didn't have a lot of time so just shot steel out to 500. those SWFA scopes sure do make it easy to hit what your aiming at.

I have been very surprised with how easy it is to hit things way out there with my T3X/SWFA combination.

JWP58

WKR
I will never own another scope that doesn't have a reticle that speaks the same language as the adjustments (mil/mil). Got my scope and rings, gun is out for delivery today. Range tomorrow afternoon.

JWP58

WKR
Thanks again @teamkabob for the heads up on the deal. Got the new rifle out to the range and it loves hornady 147eld match loads.

Now it was a pain having to file down a base screw on the hawkin precision rings, but they appear to be well made (we shall see in the long run).

Without ammo, with scope mounted it's all of 7lbs 12oz. Hard to beat a tikka.

tdhanses

WKR
Looks better than that picture.
Add to cart! $15 to ship to your ffl. These girls were great to work with.

Hmm, that’s in my backyard and never knew, going to have to check them out.

OP
Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)
Thanks again @teamkabob for the heads up on the deal. Got the new rifle out to the range and it loves hornady 147eld match loads.

Now it was a pain having to file down a base screw on the hawkin precision rings, but they appear to be well made (we shall see in the long run).

Without ammo, with scope mounted it's all of 7lbs 12oz. Hard to beat a tikka.
Glad you like it. Pm me a picture of yours all set up. I still just have my temp scope one 3x9

Sled

WKR
Pm me if you want to see mine, since it sounds like you are down the road. PM me it you have questions about them. Email is the way to get a hold of the girls there.
the first photo and price was enough for me to pull the trigger on one. thanks for the heads up on it. they are over $100 cheaper than most for that sku. i just wish i could find a way to chop the barrel and still be able to thread it.

OP
the first photo and price was enough for me to pull the trigger on one. thanks for the heads up on it. they are over $100 cheaper than most for that sku. i just wish i could find a way to chop the barrel and still be able to thread it.
Heck ya! You might be able to cut 3-4 in off and still thread it. But that only taking it to 22 ish

Sled

WKR
that would be a question for your gun smith
yeah, we don't have much in the way of smiths around here. my good one retired about 5 years back. might have to send it out if they can even do it.

OP
yeah, we don't have much in the way of smiths around here. my good one retired about 5 years back. might have to send it out if they can even do it.
I have a Smith that threaded and added a break my dads tikka in Missouri. Fair price too. How far you chopping it? The contour gets bigger when you go up the barrel, you should be able to do it.

Sled

WKR
I have a Smith that threaded and added a break my dads tikka in Missouri. Fair price too. How far you chopping it? The contour gets bigger when you go up the barrel, you should be able to do it.

i'd like to take it back to around 18", 20" at the longest.

backup plan is to sell the fluted one and buy this standard barrel already cerakoted everything but the bolt. good deal for that too. then only need to chop it and thread it. i'm sure someone in utah can do that but i haven't heard of any primary job gunsmiths in the area.

JWP58

WKR
Took mine out again today. I like this gun more than any gun I've bought in a long time. Took it all the way out to 600 and had zero issues keeping all but 1rd on my 12" plate (was working off theoretical dope wind hold was money, but I was .2mil low). The rifle, swfa 6x, and Hawkins precision mounts are the cats meow.

Very first 5rd group at 100yds (before adjusting to zero Form).
20191108_163400.jpg

If someone at tikka is reading, please offer a 6mm creedmoor option.

Took mine out again today. I like this gun more than any gun I've bought in a long time. Took it all the way out to 600 and had zero issues keeping all but 1rd on my 12" plate (was working off theoretical dope wind hold was money, but I was .2mil low). The rifle, swfa 6x, and Hawkins precision mounts are the cats meow.

Very first 5rd group at 100yds (before adjusting to zero Form).
View attachment 132266

If someone at tikka is reading, please offer a 6mm creedmoor option.

Are those factory rounds ?

mt100gr.

WKR
Yep hornady match 147 eldm. Got a late season cow tag and they're getting the nod.
Be sure to post up how they do. I also have a cow tag and my superlite 6.5 will probably be in my hands as well. I handload the 147s and really want to put one thru an elk.