Time before/after hunt

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
If you have the time (1/2 day to a day) before or after a hunt (guided or not) what do you look to do as an added experience to the overall trip, especially if it's more of a destination hunt?
More specifically, if anyone has any recommendations for Vancouver, BC.

Squamch

WKR
When? How much time do you actually have? If you can make it to Shockey's hand of man museum in Maple Bay on the island, you'd probably dig it. Swing into lake cowichan and see some Roosevelt elk. The ferry is $100ish each way for car and driver.

I don't know much about the lower wasteland (thats Vancouver and surrounding area), only go there for concerts really. We drive through to get to and from the good parts of BC...which is everything that isn't the lower mainland.

Rich M

WKR
I haven't been there but do plan side trips when traveling to hunt - did devils tower, mt rushmore, and a few less known places when hunting WY & CO. Never sure when will get back out that way.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
When? How much time do you actually have? If you can make it to Shockey's hand of man museum in Maple Bay on the island, you'd probably dig it. Swing into lake cowichan and see some Roosevelt elk. The ferry is $100ish each way for car and driver.

I don't know much about the lower wasteland (thats Vancouver and surrounding area), only go there for concerts really. We drive through to get to and from the good parts of BC...which is everything that isn't the lower mainland.
Plan is to be there late April 2021 if everything is opened up, flying into and out of YVR. We land around 1pm and aren't picked up by the outfitter until the next morning. When we leave, it will be pretty much the same, but will have to at the airport early for out departure.
I am aware of the hand of man museum and would definitely enjoy going.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't been there but do plan side trips when traveling to hunt - did devils tower, mt rushmore, and a few less known places when hunting WY & CO. Never sure when will get back out that way.
Rich, my hunting partner and myself did the same when we hunting Wyoming in 2018. That was a good addition before the trip. We stayed in Deadwood before heading to camp, then headed up to Billings, MT and stopped by the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument before flying home.

MattB

WKR
Vancouver is quite a pretty city, might be worth a can ride downtown just to check it out. Some good restaurants.