Votes: 8 2.7%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 200+

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Aulus

FNG
I'd go more if I could, but kids are starting to enjoy it, so that might just happen.

BRoth82

WKR
With a wife and 2 kids that both have special needs my hunting time is very limited, that said I've been very fortunate to harvest several deer each year.

This year I have hunted a total of 2 sits in MN for 2 hours each and passed up 3 deer. Then hunted a full day plus 2 hours the next in Nebraska and harvested 3 deer and passed up 21 more.

Hunting in the south is hard to get motivated to hunt deer beginning in September as the humidity seems worse the older I get. lol. Days in the woods are limited more by the last days of summer hanging on. The full day sits have been reduced greatly when family and kids came along (love them all).

S.Clancy

WKR
I am at just under 50 for the fall big game hunting. If you added in spring turkey, shed hunting and bird hunting it's pretty high, I'd imagine 70-80.

Karz

FNG
I spend about 30 days on deer scouting/hunting with usually 3-5 tags. My best year it was closer to 50 days.

10-14 days hunting ducks

Couple days here and there for doves and quail

Anywhere from 5-20 days Turkey hunting depending on the year

Full time+job with weird hours so I do get a lot of random days off during the week. 4 weeks vacation plus I can trade shifts to extend or create additional vacation.

Dual income and no kids…which is changing in about 5 weeks 😭
Congrats on the kid! Better get as much field time in as you can the next few weeks ha

Just big game hunting I burned all 3 weeks of paid vacation and a few weekend so around 25-30 days. All in state tags. MT is pretty generous to its residents.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

For sure over 50...I dont count as I don't want to provide the wife any evidence..Deer season here is 8-15 to 1-1, add in turkeys, a trip out west, ducks, squirrels, rabbits, hogs...This year I have punched a tag in 4 different states and I still have 4 deer tags left fill in SC.

JP100

WKR
I cant imagine many guys doing over 200, especially in the states(where even has that many days of open season?)

I am a guide, so generally I guide 100-120+ days a year(3-4 months). I then do my own personal hunting throughout the rest of year on weekends, short 3-4 day trips. Which add up to maybe another 20-50 days

I did a couple of years where I did my season here, and then did a season in BC, so probably clocked 200+ days hunting for those years, but its pretty hard to have a family/normal life if you do that.

I keep pretty detailed notes of all my hunting.

Last year I did 17 days for whitetail in my home state plus 5 more days out of state.

Got in 4 small game hunts and only one turkey hunt (spring is crazy busy).

Got about 10 trout fishing trips in.

On track for about the same this year.

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
I have hit over 40 days hunting since college. I usually keep track in a little notebook each year, so I know that count is correct. More days fishing, more days scouting, and then some backpacking, but I never really track those days.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Used to be over 100, big game, bird hunting and predator, plus scouting ect… with a family now I’m probably down to 20… I know it will come back though. Things are cyclical and there are seasons in life, big change for sure though…

Mrjim

FNG
I do as much as I can, but it’s difficult with an elderly mother to care for

Falling in the 50-64 category i was legit surprised to see how many hunt much less than me! I thought i was about average at least.

But then again, my wife convinced me to move my mother in law in with us this year so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Mcribs

FNG
not sure I could do over 100 days but maybe one day. Are you guys counting scouting as hunting? If so, almost daily looking for game lol

If you are over that 50 day mark, I think it would be interesting to hear about what and how you are hunting. My guess is likely a lot of bird hunters going to top the list
I’m always over 50 days a year, and the only bird hunting I do is a couple 4-5 day turkey trips in the spring

Have lion calling in the winter/early spring, then spring bear and turkey, then archery elk, rifle blacktail (occasionally archery hunt them but it doesn’t make sense in this state to get an archery tag anymore unless you want to hunt the high country late season) and if no late archery tag, then rifle elk with friends and family, and likely some lion calling before the year’s end again

It’s never enough, but I have formed my life around hunting as much as I can

That isn’t counting the short mornings hunting goose or coyotes, which could add up to another 15-20 days a year, but those aren’t days of hunting, just short mornings or evenings before or after work or whatever

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
10 Shed hunting
5 Turkey hunting
4 Steelhead fishing
25 Salmon fishing
5 generic 'other' fishing - trout, bass etc.
4 Spring bear
7 Scouting trips
4 Archery antelope
20 Archery elk
10 Rifle deer
5 generic 'other' hunting - going with others, upland, varmint, muzzleloader if i don't fill archery elk tag

Pushing 100 total

Married, 2 kids, age 7 and 3. Wife says I always find something to do all year long and I suppose she is right. A lot of those days though are before/after work trips. Certainly less than half would be full day trips. Half or so are done with one or two of the kids. I am lucky to live in an area that an hour drive can get me to almost everything I like to do.