Tipi liner material, DWR or none for more breathability?

Sunbkpk

FNG
I am soon starting a build of a DIY assymetric tipi and wondering if anyone has experience with DWR coated material vs non coated for more breathability? The light nylon materials in the 10 denier or lighter generally seem to be DWR treated on DIY material sites. I was thinking without DWR for more breathability like many tents but the fabric is heavier. I will need about 10 yards. My tipi plan is sort of a cross between a Sawtooth and the design by MCR-85 on here.

I have done a practice build with silpoly seconds but not the liner. Appreciate any feedback or source of cheap liner material to triak.

This DIY forum is dangerous. I have made a tarp and small 1 man pyramid shelter for fast and light in addition to this larger practice assymetric tipi.

Practice tipi: (color was cheap for practice. Have camouflage for next build) Great for testing what I want to change. It is 7ft tall at peak and I didn't,t account for the zipper width.20200907_125004.jpg
Tarp
20210123_145054.jpg

1 person:
20210208_132727.jpg

Superdoo

WKR
Maybe try the monolite.

OP
S

Sunbkpk

FNG
Thanks Superdoo. May explain why their membrane fabrics seem in limited supply, if they are phasing them out.

Superdoo

WKR
No problem. I actually caught wind of Monlite for the first time while on here a couple of days ago. It seems like it would be a good fit.

I’m thinking of using it to make a 4 season nest for my Silex.

OP
S

Sunbkpk

FNG
Good luck with the nest. My 4 season tent is about 10 to 15 degrees warmer inside than out with 2 people in it. The Silex with the monolite for a nest will be very similar for added warmth I think. Of course my 4 season tent is almost 5lbs heavier than your setup will be.