Tipi shelters Pick 2

Hey everyone! I recently grabbed a Seek Outside Cimarron and really like it. Every product I’ve had from Seek Outside has been incredible.

I’m curious if you were to pick two shelters from their lineup what would it be? Or would you choose one for do it all setting costs aside here.

I was leaning towards just the Redcliff but now think either a Cimarron/Guardian with 8 man is the ultimate combo for me. Cimarron/Guardian for 1-2 people and 8 man for 3-4.

Lastly has anyone compared Argali shelters to Seek Outside side by side? I’m extremely happy to go with Seek Outside for many reasons and curious if anyone has any feedback about the two as the Absoroka and Cimarron seem similar.

Thanks!

*zap*

WKR
All the floorless shelters have good and less desirable features. My opinion is that you need to use quite a few to find what is best for you. Kinda like you do not know what you are missing until you use bunch and see. Lbo/vest for me and I want a connecting tarp, s o 4 man and ti goat 7.5 right now. Had a Cimarron.

I think you need to try different pitches also. I set my pole in the lbo and 4 man higher and that seems to work well for me. Line locks on everything will be your friend when you need them. You can also learn a lot by setting up at home and seeing how different things work. Plus it is always relaxing to sit in there by the stove and chill out, maybe take a nap. Trying different pitches to see how they work for condensation when the conditions are right to get condensation.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I have a Courthouse and a dcf Cimmaron. I don't know what I cannot accomplish in those, or what could be saved with a silex/eolus/guardian other than $.

The Courthouse is the sleeper that you never hear about, and has SOO many good things going for it.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
All the floorless shelters have good and less desirable features. My opinion is that you need to use quite a few to find what is best for you. Kinda like you do not know what you are missing until you use bunch and see. Lbo/vest for me and I want a connecting tarp, s o 4 man and ti goat 7.5 right now. Had a Cimarron.

I think you need to try different pitches also. I set my pole in the lbo and 4 man higher and that seems to work well for me. Line locks on everything will be your friend when you need them. You can also learn a lot by setting up at home and seeing how different things work. Plus it is always relaxing to sit in there by the stove and chill out, maybe take a nap. Trying different pitches to see how they work for condensation when the conditions are right to get condensation.
This is helpful thank you! Sounds like you have your setup dialed.. I need to order line locks as you mentioned. I’ve always used the Eolus and recently Guardian but finally getting into their larger shelters. I agree with trying many I may just keep trying different options out. Thanks again!

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I have a Courthouse and a dcf Cimmaron. I don't know what I cannot accomplish in those, or what could be saved with a silex/eolus/guardian other than $.

The Courthouse is the sleeper that you never hear about, and has SOO many good things going for it.
That sounds like a great system! Similar to what I’m thinking with a lighter/smaller option and the a larger setup depending how your trips are. The DCF Cimarron looks incredible. How does it pack down? I also like that Cimarron can pitch with trekking poles if desired and has a full nest option if you want it for family camping. I’m curious why I don’t hear more on the courthouse but it looks like amazing standing room. Thanks for sharing!

sndmn11

WKR
That sounds like a great system! Similar to what I’m thinking with a lighter/smaller option and the a larger setup depending how your trips are. The DCF Cimarron looks incredible. How does it pack down? I also like that Cimarron can pitch with trekking poles if desired and has a full nest option if you want it for family camping. I’m curious why I don’t hear more on the courthouse but it looks like amazing standing room. Thanks for sharing!
I think it packs down just fine; maybe about the size of a football. The big difference is that it has to be folded and rolled versus stuffed.

What gets overlooked with the courthouse vs a tipi is that the zipper won't let rain/snow in while open.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I think it packs down just fine; maybe about the size of a football. The big difference is that it has to be folded and rolled versus stuffed.

What gets overlooked with the courthouse vs a tipi is that the zipper won't let rain/snow in while open.
Makes sense! And that is really unique with Courthouse..

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I have the cimarron and silex. Since getting the cimarron , I rarely ever use the silex anymore. I find it a perfect palace for one guy. I am looking at adding either a Redcliff or courthouse in the near future. I believe I would have just about have any scenario covered then .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ethan

WKR
Hey everyone! I recently grabbed a Seek Outside Cimarron and really like it. Every product I’ve had from Seek Outside has been incredible.

I’m curious if you were to pick two shelters from their lineup what would it be? Or would you choose one for do it all setting costs aside here.

I was leaning towards just the Redcliff but now think either a Cimarron/Guardian with 8 man is the ultimate combo for me. Cimarron/Guardian for 1-2 people and 8 man for 3-4.

Lastly has anyone compared Argali shelters to Seek Outside side by side? I’m extremely happy to go with Seek Outside for many reasons and curious if anyone has any feedback about the two as the Absoroka and Cimarron seem similar.

Thanks!
I had the same thought process when I purchased my redcliff as one of my hunting buddies has a cimarron and we figured we could borrow each others if needing to scale up or down. I decided on the redlciff becasue I felt like it would be a little bit easier to backpack in with. I think if you were expecting to be doing lots of camping with 3 or 4 dudes, the 8 man would be the way to go. But with that being said, three guys with the stove in the redcliff is not an issue and I think four with the stove is doable but not ideal.