Tired of the Pigeons

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Alright we’ve lived in this house for almost 2 years. Purchased brand new and last summer there were some pigeons that moved in and now call my neighbors roofs home. The home builder made just enough of an overhang from the hight roof to the low roof that they now roost there. Our homes are relatively close together and before I take care of the problem myself, I was wondering if there is anybody that handles this type of problem. Or would the ole fake owl take care of the problem? I fear that if the problem isn’t taken care of soon, they simply might disappear in the night…..

BBob

WKR
Once upon a time the pigeon trappers had a market for them but that dried up. When no one was trapping them there were a lot more of them. The Coopers Hawks got a few here and there but didn't put much of a dent into them. Next came the tasty coated corn gifts left on the roofs but the pigeons went away to somewhere else :)

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Once upon a time the pigeon trappers had a market for them but that dried up. When no one was trapping them there were a lot more of them. The Coopers Hawks got a few here and there but didn't put much of a dent into them. Next came the tasty coated corn gifts left on the roofs but the pigeons went away to somewhere else :)
What flavor of corn treats do they like?

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Copper shaped in a round ball with a diameter of .177 works pretty dang good.
One neighbor spends a fair amount of time at another retirement home so that should be pretty easy if I time it right.

Oregon

WKR
What flavor of corn treats do they like?
Cracked corn. I cleaned them out of my boat house the old fashioned way. Forked stick, box, 100' of string. Pretty dang fun.
Prop up box and feed around it. They'll get used to it. Then start putting feed under box. Takes about a week til they go under box.

suppressed .22's are fun.....
IMG_5195.JPG

Tod osier

WKR
Alright we’ve lived in this house for almost 2 years. Purchased brand new and last summer there were some pigeons that moved in and now call my neighbors roofs home. The home builder made just enough of an overhang from the hight roof to the low roof that they now roost there. Our homes are relatively close together and before I take care of the problem myself, I was wondering if there is anybody that handles this type of problem. Or would the ole fake owl take care of the problem? I fear that if the problem isn’t taken care of soon, they simply might disappear in the night…..

Set up a discrete bait station and trap them. Shooting is more fun to think about, but a trap works all day every day vs occasional shooting bouts. There are good live traps that can catch multiples and they will keep coming.

BluMtn

WKR
In the 70's I had a big barn that attracted Pigeons and I had a neighbor that was a big time dog trainer. He had a pile of traps in my barn trying to get enough pigeons to train those dogs. Then a couple times in the spring I would have a bunch of friends come out and I would have a BBQ and we would shoot Pigeons all afternoon. When we were done you could not even tell we had killed anything. Those Pigeons were everywhere.