TIRES - Ford F150 FX4

Alright - I have an 2023 F150 XLT Crew Cab FX4 with Max Tow Package - I lucked out and it had the bench front seat so I could haul my 5 kids and better yet it was on the ground on the lot.

So the Scorpion's it came with have been ... terrible. We got our first snow and they are slick, had a heavy rain on a dirt/clay road and hydroplaned going 35 mph coming from a grouse hunt, wife said she almost got stuck in a 'deep' mud puddle when she drove it.

SO I was looking to get some new tires - it is the WORST time of year for that unfortunately here in Fairbanks/North Pole Alaska as everyone and their mother is doing the same.

I got my Wife Blizzaks when we first moved up here and I will get them for her this year on her new car once everything calms down. I hadn't planned on getting myself any tires but I don't think that is an option unfortunately. So I could get the Blizzaks for myself and just run them year round knowing that I'll wear them out in 3-4 years or get summer tires this summer. I want something that I can use hunting - gettting through 6" of wet snow in the spring during breakup as I try to climb back into some spring bear areas. Then also handle the mud/dirt and then snow.

Top choices right now are probably Cooper Discoverer AT3s, Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3s, Blizzaks, Wrangler Duratrac and Toyo Open Country AT3s.

What do you guys ride around on? Summers get to 90 and winters down to -50, we get good snow fall and we have a few periods during the year where the roads are slick. Tow a small trailer for the snow machine but throw the quad in the bed. Thanks guys.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I will be putting duratracs on my f150. Had a set on my pro taco and wife t4r is on her second set, first set went 65k. Prolly stay with a 33s so I can run a standard load size. If I was going to 275/65/20 I would look at the nitros in sl load. If you’re going load range 3 for the thicker I would still go with the duratrac, they are awesome in the snow and rain but are loudest of the choices you picked.

Ebby

WKR
I like the Falkens and have had 3 sets on 2 different trucks. Wasn't impressed with the Coopers. Hankook Dynapro were also good for me.

Blizzaks and find a set of extra rims for summer tires. The blizzaks are great in the snow and handle mud pretty well too.

Had them on my tundra for winters and I’ll be putting a set on my f150 in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
I’ve had the Cooper at3s on a work truck and they are slick in the snow.

Cooper st maxx are the only tires I’ll put on my work trucks. I can’t afford them for my personal truck though.

DESERT ED

FNG
We’ve been running Cooper STMAX in the SW for 10+ years. High desert and mountains. Never a flat or any issues. I just got some Mickey Thomson Baja Boss because they have the severe weather rating and a 50k tread guarantee. The Coopers are studable(sp)? And that may help you way up North

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
My F150 came with BF Goodrich LT315/70R17 BSW ALL-TERRAIN. They ride great and I get comments about how little road noise there is from passengers.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I second the BF Goodrich. I have those on the wife’s Escalade and we can go anywhere with those tires minus serious off-road that she doesn’t allow. Handles snow and icy conditions well without having to do chains. Also quiet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I own a tire shop/mechanic shop. I've bought and sold every brand out there. I replaced the worn out BFG AT KO2 with the Toyo AT3 on my F-150. They are a fantastic tire. I will run them from here on.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk