TIRES - Ford F150 FX4

The Toyo AT III’s have been pretty good for me the last few years. Close to 40k miles on them and around 8/16ths - 9/16ths remaining on the treads.

Yooper

WKR
Cooper AT3 XLT on my '22 F150 and so far zero complaints. I've had Falken, KO2's and Toyo in the past and so far these have been the best blend of what I need.

We do run Blizzaks on our over the road trucks at work (mining) year round and except for a shorter life due to running year round they've been great. I'd actually consider doing the same when I need my next set.

I worked at a tire shop for 3 years in high school before I became a heavy equipment mechanic. I’m in the Midwest so we get snow every year, and a lot of people drive/live on gravel roads. I haven’t worked in automotive since 2019 so I’m sure some things are discontinued and new models released but here’s what I’ve personally seen.

Cooper - at3’s didn’t seem to hold up well to gravel or rocks from both the tire shop and buddies who had them and always had flats. St maxx are an absolutely bulletproof tire. That’s what all the quarries run on their trucks because they drive on rock all day long.

Goodyear - avoid in my opinion, a lot of unprovoked failures

Firestone - any of the destination series truck tires are great. I had the original A/T and had 40k miles on them with life left before I got rid of the truck, they also performed impressively off road. One of my buddies swears by the M/T and I think they’re great but you have to decide if you want to sacrifice some ride quality.

I've used Michelin Defender LTX M&S for 20 years year around on our pickups...1/2 ton F150's and 1 ton F350 using the OEM size tires. Great wet and ice traction with the siping and work well as snow tires for me. Wear great, ride quiet, handle well, etc.

As a point of reference I drove from 5,800' elevation at home to work at 10,300' at work in CO, and often added a trip to our other sites crossing mountain passes well over 11,000' elevation with constantly changing weather conditions. They are great tires...never stuck in the snow, spun out on the ice or had flats on the gravel roads over the the years with them. I've continued to use them in BC year around over the past 14 years. Drawback is they are pricier than most other tires.

I've used Michelin Defender LTX M&S for 20 years year around on our pickups...1/2 ton F150's and 1 ton F350 using the OEM size tires. Great wet and ice traction with the siping and work well as snow tires for me. Wear great, ride quiet, handle well, etc.

As a point of reference I drove from 5,800' elevation at home to work at 10,300' at work in CO, and often added a trip to our other sites crossing mountain passes well over 11,000' elevation with constantly changing weather conditions. They are great tires...never stuck in the snow, spun out on the ice or had flats on the gravel roads over the the years with them. I've continued to use them in BC year around over the past 14 years. Drawback is they are pricier than most other tires.
Great tire for snow and ice and lasts forever.
I just put another set of Falken ATw3 on my F150.
Last set was awesome up to almost 80k.
New set reminds me of how quiet they are when not down to the large tread blocks.

Weldor

WKR
First choice would be Michelins, Cooper at3 2nd. Had stock firestones on my 2018 Ram diesel 2500 mega, I got stuck in my own driveway, worst tire I ever had in 50 years of driving crappy mtn roads. Running General At's on it now, only tire available during covid. Once there done it will be Michelins for sure.

jimwinks

FNG
You won't be disappointed with Duratracs, run them on my F150, the last set lasted 80K miles. Great in the snow and mud, not too loud on the highway based on how aggressive they are. They are way above the rest on your list.

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
My top three choices right now would be:
Falken Wildpeak
Bridgestone Blizzak
Cooper Discoverer

Then Revo 3 or Open Country.

For those with the Falken Wildpeak - how do they handle on REALLY cold and slick/smooth ice? The one thing I read was both the Wildpeat and Discoverer AT3 both do not do good on the really cold slick stuff. any experiences?

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.
Question back to OP - does any tire do "really well" on super cold / slick sheets of ice? I put that on the driver as much as anything. I, personally, don't want to be operating a vehicle on an ice rink if I can reasonably avoid it, so it's not a consideration for me. Just my $0.02.

My top three choices right now would be:
Falken Wildpeak
Bridgestone Blizzak
Cooper Discoverer

Then Revo 3 or Open Country.

For those with the Falken Wildpeak - how do they handle on REALLY cold and slick/smooth ice? The one thing I read was both the Wildpeat and Discoverer AT3 both do not do good on the really cold slick stuff. any experiences?
I can't answer other than to say the colder it is, the grippier the ice.

D S 319

WKR
Falkens I personally haven’t noticed much of an issue and I live in some cold areas but, with those discovers I had a terrible time with them on ice.

khuber84

WKR
I have had 2 sets wild peak at3 on my truck, first set went 65k and the second was just put on 4 months ago and have bout 12k on em. I live in NW Montana and work in the Oilfields of the Dakotas and Wyoming. They are am excellent all around tire. They hold up on a 550hp 9k pound truck, and I'm not light on the throttle. Great off road traction, good on snow/ice, and reasonably quiet on the highway. Yokohama has a new tire called the at xd that looks close to a good year duratrack, but I bet they hold up better and have lot more siping plus they're ready for studs, bet they would be an excellent winter tire.

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
My current truck (2023 f150) got a set of bfg at2 after a couple hundred miles of driving off the lot. These have always served me well. Even when living up north where there was lots of snow.

Toyo Open Country AT3 have been a good tire for me in the past. But I prefer the bfg a/t’s now